2012 Acura TL 3.7L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Save yourself $17,000 now and

2012 Acura TL - Consumer Review

Save yourself $17,000 now and avoid headaches later
By burghboyb on

2012 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I was all set to buy the new Audi A6. I also seriously considered the BMW 535iX (sold at the same dealership), and the MB E-class. Then I drove the TL-SH AWD. It corners and handles as well as any of the Germans and will be significantly more reliable - and less costly to repair when needed. Very comfortable Sport Seats, terrific audio, lots of room for my frequent tall passengers. People complain about the number of buttons but at least that gives you instant control of the desired function instead of doobling thru endless onscreen menus. When you enter a curve the car just begs you to go half-again as fast because the torque-vector system whips you thru with total command.

Favorite Features

Cornering, steering feel, throttle response, paddle shifters operate as 100% manual in Sport mode, terrific sport seats and fine audio system

Suggested Improvements

Of course it could be sexier-looking. But I think the car is sharp looking as is, especially the rear.