2012 Acura TL Consumer Review: Great all around

2012 Acura TL - Consumer Review

SH-AWD w/Technology Package Sedan (3.7L V6 AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Great all around
By josh9319 on

2012 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

In general we are extremely happy with this vehicle. We've had it for a year and a half. Build quality has been very sound, as expected. For example: a rock broke one of the fog lights. I bought the replacement and installed it myself. The underbody panels were effectively woven together requiring me to loosen three panels to get one out to install the light. The vehicle is designed and built to not come apart. When alone I drive the car very hard, as in like I stole it. Though the front/rear torque split is 70/30, getting the back end to step out is surprisingly easy. That said, it is great for hauling kids, or for date night. My mood improves every time I drive this car!

Favorite Features

Leather quality, seat comfort, stereo, engine, navigation system, road grip is unbelievable, poise in the snow is also very good.

Suggested Improvements

Steering is too light. Flappy paddle shifter is too slow, the upcoming double clutch should be an improvement. Hopefully the upcoming nine gear box and direct injection will improve mpg to thirty or more, while keeping the HP north of 300.
By enbeuu
on 04/19/14 19:33 PM (PDT)

owned this model: TL tech since April 2012; and it is one of the most pleasurable autos I've owned; don't drive it a lot (8.5K miles); the V-6 is strong and coupled to a discrete 6-speed gives acceleration positive, secure drive. Another gear and a lighter chassis would be excellent; looking forward to the TLX that reportedly will incorporate all all that.