2012 Acura TL Consumer Review: Not bad, but needs improvement

2012 Acura TL - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.5L V6 6-speed Automatic)

Not bad, but needs improvements
By 71peters on

2012 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2012 TL for a year now. I bought it as a CPO for $28K...4K miles on it. I traded in a BMW 328I. Ok, it is a nice car with a lot of options. The interior is nice and very modern. Been on a few long trips and it is very comfortable. Where I have issues is with it's performance. Two things right off the bat, 1) The transmission, second gear to be exact seems sluggish on take off. It really drags the the engine down and makes for a jerky ride. Granted, coming from a BMW...the Acura's performance is not even close. But it makes up for it in other areas. 2) The steering is not sport-tuned and you will feel torque-steer if you get in the gas. Feels like a Buick at times.

Interior Ride Fuel Mileage for a 280 hp engine Power Overall value for your money

Transmission needs attention. Tighten up the steering a little! Get rid of the Bridgstone tires. I have had bad experiances with Bridgstones before. They are loud and always need to be balanced.