Great bang for your buck!
By necky33 on
2012 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Advance Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)
Had a 2009 Lexus IS350, and was considering replacing it with either the new GS, the BMW 328i, or the Acura. The GS is a great car, but I wasn't crazy about the interior layout or the wacky joystick and busy infotainment system. The BMW was too pricey after optioning it well. Which brings me to the Acura. A great all around car with loads of refinement and plenty of technology and features for the money. I actually picked the AWD version because I love the standard wheels and the interior upgrades of the car. The car is so sexy with Crystal Black Pearl exterior and Umber leather interior, I really lucked up to snatch the car from the dealer a day after it arrived on the lot!
Favorite Features
Excellent navigation system, excellent SHAWD that makes the car handle like a beast, supple leather and supremely comfortable seats, nice engine note, powerful and smooth engine, Acura reliability and refinement
Suggested Improvements
Beware of the 19" rims, they look awesome but contribute to a ride that can be jarring on rough roads. The AWD, advance version seems to be a rare breed and is difficult to find in dealerships. The car is a bit heavy and this may be hindering acceleration times.
By couimet
on 07/15/12 11:41 AM (PDT)

I ordered my 2012 TL SH-AWD Tech Friday. Black & Umber. Taking delivery Wednesday. When the Sales guy handed me the 3.25lb manual (I weighed it), I asked him if the expected mileage was with or withount the manual on board. A CD version would be good but the Manual and Navigation Manual can be downloaded from MyAcura in pdf form ...

By enbeuu
on 05/27/12 19:29 PM (PDT)

I've now owned the TL technology; did not find the AWD auto so settled for the 2WD with Tech; mine now has 500 miles on it in 3 weeks; white pearl and tan leather and it's smoth and less harsh than the Hyundai Genesis; that is to say the ride is softer and very refined/precise According to the previous review I'm glad I wasn't able to find the 4WD system, because this car is tuned "just right" for me. This is my 3rd TL and it's the best of all of them. I've been feeding this one the 91 octane premium fuel the manual suggests; acceleration is smooth; the 6 forward gears are so smooth the shifting points are not perceptible; Steering is precise and very accurate. There's not anything I would change; a practical addition would be a CD audio of the owner's manual; I just have not read it, (the manual) yet.