GPS Prolems
By rb1028 on
2012 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Advance Package (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I like this car but the GPS drives me nuts. The GPS keeps voicing I'm on an unverified road. These streets have been here for over 30 years! This is so annoying especially if I'm on my cell phone or enjoying music. The dealership, Ft. Wayne Acura, continues to tell me that Acura is aware of the problem and will fix it but they don't. For a car I've paid over $40K to own I think it should have a GPS which functions properly. Additionally, it wants to route me in all sorts of crazy directions. Acura says it's because I live in a city of 10,000 but all my other cars including my Camry have absolutely no GPS problem.
Favorite Features
It's a nice mix of comfort and sport.
Suggested Improvements
The GPS really, really, really is horrible. Plus they don't fix it even after they admit it has problems. If you buy this car be aware you may have extreme GPS problems if you live in or drive to a small city of 10,000 or so. Their GPS does not thoroughly support anything but larger cities.
By rfghmd
on 09/23/12 11:06 AM (PDT)

So true! I have the exact same problem but my dealer pretends they have never heard of this being a problem before