First time Acura buyer
By kiloputty on
2012 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Advance Package (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Just got a TL Advance this week with 8 miles on it. Currenlty have 108 miles. I test drove the AWD and loved the way it handled, but decided on the FWD for the softer suspension. The AWD defies physics in a way that would tempt me too much. It begs you to take turns at high speeds. The FWD felt faster in a straight line. When I mentioned this to the sales guy, he said that the FWD was in fact faster in a straight line, but Acura marketing didn't want that advertised, no idea if there's any truth there. AWD comes with tighter side lumbar support and stiffer suspension. Suffice to say you owe it to yourself to test drive both to decide which is right for you.
Favorite Features
Engine/transmission - both FWD and AWD deliver smooth power. Keyless entry and pushbutton start. Subdued, mature styling that is not flashy, but respectable in any European lineup. ELS Audio - the included CD has a great demo for the 5.1 surround. Blind spot indicator - surprisingly, this is more useful than I thought it would be. ventilated front seats - three speeds, can't wait to try this on a long road trip, works great on short trips.
Suggested Improvements
The 12V outlet by the passenger seat should contain the more ubiquitous USB connector. small trunk opening/space. Still learning the features, I can't decide if all the buttons are necessary or not. I'm used to driving different rental cars and learning on the road. Not with this car. Pay attention when the dealer walks you through the features. Manual is not the greatest.