2012 Acura TL 3.7L V6 AWD 6-speed Manual Consumer Review - Excellent vehicle

2012 Acura TL - Consumer Review

SH-AWD w/Technology Package Sedan (3.7L V6 AWD 6-speed Manual)

Excellent vehicle
By bradj7 on

2012 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Previous Infiniti G, VW Passat and BMW 335 series owner (24 month leases). TL is impressively well balanced. At least in the 6MT, a great combination of sport, luxury and comfort. In true Honda/Acura fashion, there isn't one thing that glaringly stands out; rather, when taken as a complete package, the engineers have clearly done their homework. I've had issues with my most recent three sedans, yet, I really haven't found significant short comings in the TL. Everyone talks about "German engineering" (why did my BMW get a new engine at 29K miles?) , but I think the TL is a better all-around car.

Favorite Features

Super comfortable seats, Back seats that actually accomdate an adult, I actually prefer the dash buttons/nav interface to the BMW and wife's Lexus interface. Excellent stereo and Nav, smooth engine, fantastic manual tranny which absolutely transforms this car, torque vectoring AWD works very well especially when the car is pushed to the limit, super sweet sounding engine especially as the RPMs climb, A quiet comfortable ride for the daily driver but still provide a lively and rewarding experience on a weekend run on the twisties.

Suggested Improvements

Fold down rear seats - although three large golf club bags fit easily.