2012 Acura TL Consumer Review: Excellent Vehicle

2012 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Review

Excellent Vehicle
By ken117 on

2012 Acura TL Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Recently purchased a 2012 TL with Tech. For the price I paid the TL presented the best overall value. Yes, I did consider all the other players in this market. I did not want to pay extra for a European badge such as MB or BMW and I have concerns with their reliability . Audi's spotty reliability was a killer. Couldn't justify the price of the Lexus which I find a bit sedate. Liked the Infiniti but find the styling a bit outdated. Certainly, the other vehicles I considered may better the TL in some areas and the TL may better them in other areas. I do know, having driven the TL for a couple of months, my appreciation of the TL continues to grow.

I like just about everything. The interior quality, V-6 power, paddle shifters, hard drive for music, seats, and quiet ride are standouts, especially for the price I paid. I know many so-called independent reviews criticize the sytling of the TL but I really don't get it. I find the exterior as adjusted for the 2012 model, particularly the back, to be very good. The many compliments I have received for the TL seem to bear this out.

Like most vehicles, an increase in miles per gallon would be good. So would being able to use regular gasoline.