Better choice than BMW, Lexus, Infiniti, Mercedes, etc.
By mcorley on
2012 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
Okay, so I am in my late 50's now and have owned so many cars since the late 60's that I cannot count them all. I owned Pontiac - Chevy - Ford - Lincoln etc. Switched to Japanese cars, specifically an Acura TL in 2001 and have since had many Honda/Acura products in my garage. Decided to test drive all high end sedans including Acura, BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, Infiniti and Audi. Drove them all. I can afford any of them yet decided that the new 2012 style TL was the best of the lot regardless of price. BMW overpriced and for the poseur - not all that. Audi was gutless like the Mercedes, Infiniti & Lexus quality second rate to the Acura. Best dollar for dollar car purchase I've ever made. Awesome!!
Favorite Features
Very comfortable seating and steering positions, excellent sporty yet smooth ride - somewhat firm but nothing as harsh as the BMW or Infiniti models. Power is exceptional and smooth yet the mileage is not surpassed by anything else I considered. The front and rear end styling make all the difference and I continue to get compliments from everyone wherever I go and it turns heads in traffic. One nice thing is that they are not a dime a dozen in the Phoenix metro area like the BMW and Lexus and look unique next to the cookie-cutter Infiniti and Mercedes sedans on the road. Reliability would not be surpassed by any of the other cars so I have an excellent, high tech ride that will run forever.
Suggested Improvements
None that I have found so far. Simply the best dollar for dollar sport sedan value in the US.
By ljpzap
on 12/28/11 04:11 AM (PST)

In the market for new car and had the previous TL version (2005) and now have an 2009 Maxima. Driven the Infinity G37, BMW 328i, and Lexus ES-350 and will try TL and 2012 Maxima tomorrow. $$ for $$ the Maxima is still the best deal out there. About $4,000 less than TL. I agree with you on TL verus G37, 328i and ES-350, but not sure I agree against Maxima. After 1 month since your post how do you feel about your TL