Awesome Bang for the buck (But miss my BMW)
By e60535i on
2012 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Advance Package (3.5L 6cyl 6A)
I bought the TL Advance in 7/2011 after I saw some great financing deals. I had a VW Jetta TDI, which was awesome, but just uncomfortable for my 30 plus mile drive to and from work 5 days per week. Is this my dream car...no. But, it is a terrific bang for the buck and I am fortunate enough to afford such a great vehicle. I love the body style, power, gas mileage and all of the wonderful technology. However, the shift paddles and sport transmission are not what I expected. I have owned a BMW 335i, and 535i, which were very expensive, but had awesome handling, smooooth transmission, and effortless maneuverability.
Favorite Features
I love the interior. It is sporty as well as classy at the same time. My favorite feature is probably the ventilated seats, followed by the audio system. It sounds terrific. The bluetooth audio is a major plus in that I can play my streaming spotify service from my iphone. Love the technology (Blind spot detection, rear view camera,etc.) My overall favorite thing about the TL Advance is that everything is included. You are not raped by all the options as you are with BMW or German autos. Oh...Another great thing about the TL is the space. There is plenty of room for two small children in the back. Kids love the car, wife loves the car. Females would love this car.
Suggested Improvements
This car is not very much fun to drive. Probably because I am spoiled from my BMWs. For the average person, this car is probably the best thing ever. Power is great, handling is adequate. The sport auto transmission should be improved. When downshifting from 5th to 4th gear my RPMS jump excessively high. Not the case with BMW. Trunk space is small. The shift paddles are unnecessary with this car. I love them on the BMW. Also there is not the option to use the gear shift as an auto-standard shifter. Most people probably won't use it on this car anyways. Sorry for the comparo. Overall this car is magnificent for the money. But if you have the money and love to drive, try BMW 3 or 5 series.
By e60535i
on 10/24/11 06:15 AM (PDT)

Okay, here is an update to my review after almost 4 months of owning the vehicle. I have previously said that I didn't care for the sport transmission or the shift paddles in this vehicle. As I have driven more in sport mode I can honestly say that this car is very smooth and a blast to drive in sport mode. It feels remarkably close to my i6 Twin Turbo BMWs that I previously owned. The car remains solid with no hiccups and looks better each day. The complements I have received are enormous and I think that the refresh will really boost sales. This is a nice looking car with more than enough power, fantastic room and all of the creature comforts. Yes, you could buy an Infiniti G37 with more horsepower, etc. But you cannot beat the overall package that the TL offers...Plenty of room, and more of an executive look and feel. This is a vehicle that you can drive aggressively and still use it to transport clients with plenty of room to spare. You would have to move to the Infiniti M series to achieve this balance. I compared this to the Infinity G series in that the majority of people will probably be cross-shopping these two vehicles.