2012 Acura TL Consumer Review: Acura cost cutting ruins this

2012 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Review

Acura cost cutting ruins this car for me
By jr171 on

2012 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The TL is fun to drive and is well designed. Unfortunately, after living with it for 6 months the cost cutting Acura is so obvious that it ruins the car for me. Here are my annoyances, individually none of them are deal breakers but combined they kill my TL enjoyment Issue 1: The wheels of my 44k car are plastic. The 2011 model were metal and looked a ton better. Issue 2: The bumpers of my white TL are a yellowish white that don't come close to matching the body when it's cloudy outside (bought the car on sunny day so I didn't notice) Issue 3: Misc quality issues. All the chrome paint has flaked off my key fob, the leather is low quality and wearing quickly, the back speakers rattle, etc

The car drives really well and the SH-AWD system is something to experience. The torque vectoring works great. The stereo sounds awesome (except for annoying speaker rattle) and the overall layout and function of the interior is comfortable and easy to learn.

Lower your profit margin and put more money into the car. The little things are killing the perception of luxury. Why would you go from nice metal wheels in 2011 to cheap looking plastic ones on the 2012? The paint mismatch is ridiculous and has been a problem on the TL since last generation. This is unacceptable on a $44k car. Park a white TL next to a white A4 and you'll see the how noticeable the Acura mismatch is. Once you notice it once you'll always notice it. The interior is wearing too fast.The back speaker has developed a rattle even though I listen to talk radio 80% of the time. The "premium" leather seats are already showing accelerated wear.