Used 2012 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

GPS Prolems
By rb1028

2012 Acura TL Sedan Advance Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I like this car but the GPS drives me nuts. The GPS keeps voicing I'm on an unverified road. These streets have been here for over 30 years! This is so annoying especially if I'm on my cell phone or enjoying music. The dealership, Ft. Wayne Acura, continues to tell me that Acura is aware of the problem and will fix it but they don't. For a car I've paid over $40K to own I think it should have a GPS which functions properly. Additionally, it wants to route me in all sorts of crazy directions. Acura says it's because I live in a city of 10,000 but all my other cars including my Camry have absolutely no GPS problem.

Favorite Features

It's a nice mix of comfort and sport.

Suggested Improvements

The GPS really, really, really is horrible. Plus they don't fix it even after they admit it has problems. If you buy this car be aware you may have extreme GPS problems if you live in or drive to a small city of 10,000 or so. Their GPS does not thoroughly support anything but larger cities.

excellent car
By Al2012

2012 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD w/Advance Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I owned 2008 TL-S and the new car is a substantial improvement over previous model. Could use a more adjustable positions for driver seat as an extra option(I would buy it) - 18 ways as Lexus. Steering wheel adjustments should be automated and should be part of the driver memory positions. Also, the leather on the steering wheel is horrible - it feels dry and does not offer comfortable grip - I think it is even dangerous, especially if your hands are dry. I had to get wood grain option. I missed having two front compartments from my old TL-S. Otherwise it is an excellent car and a joy to drive. Good job Acura engineers - very competitive car.

Favorite Features

all wheel drive terrific sound system start/stop buttons look and feel price handling

Suggested Improvements

steering wheel leather does not offer reliable grip especially for people with dry hands(dangerous) steering wheel column should be moved automatically and be part of the driver position memory(basic attribute of the luxury car), could be extra option on advanced package, i would pay for it As an option the car should offer 18-way adjustable driver seats(advanced attribute of the luxury car)

I love the car
By ar0101ar

2012 Acura TL Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drive this car and enjoy the experience. I feel i have good ownership experience which includes - style, comfort, technology( GPS, traffic alert, key less fob, ...), and cost of ownership. I do agree that there are areas of improvement.. however i am not a race driver or a person who has tons of free time to play with all the possible options in the car so i don't have any specific complaints. its a real good car which makes you smile and its value for money on long run.

Favorite Features

a. Tech package which includes the audio, navigation and the traffic alerts are really cool.. the voice activated commands are even better.. i felt that it may not be of great help..its cool.. all i do say ac on or go home and its awesome. b. I love the seats and the support. c. The FOB key is also cool you dont have to take out your key from the pocket. d. The car is very smooth even in bad roads which is not an experience i had before with other cars. e. lots of space f. MPG is good for such a car g. It is a fast car

Suggested Improvements

a. I wish they work on the gear ratio to make it a good experience at stop and go in slow traffic b. Improve MPG on AWD models c. LED lights will be really cool to have

Acura TL vs. Infiniti G37
By carreview123

2012 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drove both the Acura TL and the Infiniti G37x. Infiniti: extremely fast (almost too fast) with solid handling. Interior is nice, but seemed a little on the cheap side. Leather was nice, but I heard a few squeaks during my overnight test drive. I am 6'1" and 250lbs (wide shoulders). I was somewhat comfortable in the G37 but had the driver seat all of the way back and don't know how comfortable I would be after a 2 hour drive. Backseat was tight. Acura TL: Almost as fast as the G37 but not as fast (still PLENTY of power!) Interior was much more comfortable. Handling was just as solid as G37. Interior quality is nicer then Infiniti. Pricing = same exact monthly payment

Favorite Features

-Quality of interior in Acura -Power of TL (even though not as fast as G37.... I don't think many other sedans are faster then the Acura TL. Reliability - I had a TSX (Acura) before the TL and did not have one single problem with it. I have had the TL now for 3 weeks and love it. I get excited whenever I drive, and look for reasons to get in the car and go on nice long drivers. (Especially in "sport mode". )

Suggested Improvements

I was disappointed that the backup camera only came with the navigation package.

Incredible Value
By tinmantt

2012 Acura TL Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my second TL. I gave up my 2000 with close to 200k miles on it, because it needed some minor repairs, but also because my family wanted me to switch it out for something newer. It would have run much longer- no major problems in all that time. The new car is a great value. Only paid $2500 more for it than the 2000. Good news- rock solid, better handling, excellent stereo, very comfortable. And, of course, the fact that it is a reliable Honda. But here's where they dropped the ball- too many buttons, incomprehensible logic in the controls, downgraded nav system (compared to the ease and logic of my 2000 version). And the trunk- what were they thinking? Can't get too much in.

Favorite Features

Silky power Rear camera Sound system Sculpted exterior The promise of Honda reliability Reasonable gas mileage (24+) Very quiet

Suggested Improvements

Honda- what happened to the ergonomics? Nav Unit- Why did they copy the BMW I paddle? Trunk- really? Bluetooth- still can't get it to stay hooked up (could be Apple, though)