2012 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Awesome Bang for the buck (But miss my BMW)
By e60535i on 09/09/11 13:29 PM (PDT)

2012 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Advance Package (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the TL Advance in 7/2011 after I saw some great financing deals. I had a VW Jetta TDI, which was awesome, but just uncomfortable for my 30 plus mile drive to and from work 5 days per week. Is this my dream car...no. But, it is a terrific bang for the buck and I am fortunate enough to afford such a great vehicle. I love the body style, power, gas mileage and all of the wonderful technology. However, the shift paddles and sport transmission are not what I expected. I have owned a BMW 335i, and 535i, which were very expensive, but had awesome handling, smooooth transmission, and effortless maneuverability.

Save yourself $17,000 now and avoid headaches later
By burghboyb on 08/09/11 21:10 PM (PDT)

2012 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I was all set to buy the new Audi A6. I also seriously considered the BMW 535iX (sold at the same dealership), and the MB E-class. Then I drove the TL-SH AWD. It corners and handles as well as any of the Germans and will be significantly more reliable - and less costly to repair when needed. Very comfortable Sport Seats, terrific audio, lots of room for my frequent tall passengers. People complain about the number of buttons but at least that gives you instant control of the desired function instead of doobling thru endless onscreen menus. When you enter a curve the car just begs you to go half-again as fast because the torque-vector system whips you thru with total command.

Love my new TL
By tcilover on 05/05/11 04:21 AM (PDT)

2012 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my new TL for about 3 weeks now and love it, traded a 2009 TSX and what a huge step up! More room, power and luxury. The interior is beautiful , lots of storage and comfy seats. The front end redesign helped in my decision .

TL-6MT vs S4 vs 335xi
By fcarre2 on 04/11/11 20:09 PM (PDT)

2012 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Had an opportunity to drive all three cars back to back for over an hour per vehicle. Although these vehicles are generally not cross shopped, there may be more reason to do so, especially since the TL redesign. The perfect vehicle would include the BMW exterior styling and suspension, the TL tranny and SHAWD and the Audi engine and interior. Unfortunately, I see deficits, albeit small, in all three vehicles. The TL SHAWD is impressive to say the least. Just hammer the it in a turn and it begs for more. The 6MT is as smooth as it gets. Interior is better than others' review.

Refreshed Styling sold me
By al_donofrio on 03/30/11 10:34 AM (PDT)

2012 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I was considering a buyout of the lease on my 2008 base TL. It was an excellent car, one of the best I've ever owned. I did however, wish that I'd gotten the nav package, and was considering trying to "trade up". Acura is offering excellent discounts and financing on 2011 TLs. We drove the 2011 TL, loved the ride and features, but the exterior styling on it just turned me off. The dealer had just received two 2012 cars, and the improvements in the front and rear styling immediately caught my attention. After a test drive we made a great deal on the 2012, with a loyalty discount and reduced rate financing - it is great.

Loooking forward to the 5G
By boe_d on 03/27/11 08:50 AM (PDT)

2012 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've been a big fan of Acura's for a long time. They have excellent build quality and do stand behind their products if there is an issue. The TL has always been enjoyable to drive. The 2G and 3G TL had electronics that were head and shoulders above the competition. The 3G was a significant step forward in exterior styling. I'll admit that unlike some fanboys, when a product has taken a step in the wrong direction, the 5G doesn't do Acura any service. The quality is still there but the styling is wretched. On the plus side the refresh shows they are at least willing to listen a little as the front end got snipped a bit. However there were many things wrong with the styling.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Acura TL Sedan in VA is:

$149 per month*