Used 2012 Acura TL Base Sedan Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Great Car
By John

2012 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had to sell my new 2015 Honda Accord. Did not like the driver seating ergonomics. They did not reveal the issues during the test drive.

Went with this used TL instead. Wow. What a car. Very comfortable. I can actually see the gauges instead of the steering wheel nearly completely blocking them. Very quick. I really have to watch the speed. Quiet. Quiet interior with respect to tire and wind noise. Great package. The low speed shifts are a little wonky, but that is my only complaint.

Dont buy Acura TL
By No More Acura

2012 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle in 2012 (certified with 5K miles on it). I have had a number of battery issues; cable rust issues ect.. I just ended up replacing the battery today just in 4 yrs. On top of that there was a serious recall for which I had to waste a lot of time. I also had to recently replace the tires within 40K miles.
For the money you pay, there are more reliable brands such as 'Lexus' which is better value for money. Stay away from this POS.

3.7L SH AWD
By Nick

2012 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car from a nj dealership in aug.2015. Traded in my truck and just needed something to get me from point A to B. Quite frankly, this car rocks!!! I took this car on the highway--
I-80 North..it took my breath away when it hits the corners. The AWD drive is just unbelievably impressive, even at high speeds. The seats hugs every inch of your body, keeping you sucked in as the car hits high speeds in twist and turns. Not muscle car status, BUT it delivers a wallop of a ride. Good job Acura. The voice recognition and Bluetooth are very responsive, in fact the entire tech setup is ergonomically satisfying.
Only objection: TOO COMFORTABLE.

Not bad, but needs improvements
By 71peters

2012 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2012 TL for a year now.
I bought it as a CPO for $28K...4K miles on it.
I traded in a BMW 328I.
Ok, it is a nice car with a lot of options.
The interior is nice and very modern.
Been on a few long trips and it is very comfortable.
Where I have issues is with it's performance.
Two things right off the bat, 1) The transmission, second gear to be exact seems sluggish on take off.
It really drags the the engine down and makes for a jerky ride.
Granted, coming from a BMW...the Acura's performance is not even close.
But it makes up for it in other areas.
2) The steering is not sport-tuned and you will feel torque-steer if you get in the gas.
Feels like a Buick at times.

Interior Ride Fuel Mileage for a 280 hp engine Power Overall value for your money

Transmission needs attention. Tighten up the steering a little! Get rid of the Bridgstone tires. I have had bad experiances with Bridgstones before. They are loud and always need to be balanced.

Awesome car and a great value too
By chop100

2012 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my base model last spring after researching luxury sedans for months.
I got a great deal ($29,500 and 0% interest for 60 months) and I couldn't be happier.
The car looks and feels like an expensive luxury sedan and yet I paid the same as an average mid-size sedan.
I went with the base to save $4K over the tech package, how loud of a radio does a 50 year old need anyway?
I have my own GPS and it has bluetooth and an aux hookup for my iPod already.
Handling is good but not great, wallows a bit due to the size of the car I guess.
The gas mileage has been the biggest surprise...averaging 27 mpg in mixed driving and even got 33 on a 1400 mile road trip.

Interior is awesome...feels very high end. I like the trip computer information.

Better tires on the base model...the Bridgestones are OK but why not just give every model the Michelins?