Used 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD Sedan Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Excellent value
By Cowboy911

2012 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The Acura TL Sh-AWD rides like it on rails. Cornering at speed is an awe inspiring experience with the SH-AWD driving you through the corners, never experienced anything like it. The seats are excellent, steering a little heavy for me but centers great, brakes are large and bring the car to a stop with no drama.
I have the 19" wheels, so the tires a low profile 45's, look great but the ride is very tight - like you would expect with high performance rubber. I personally love the ride and the suspension does a great job with such aggressive tires making the ride just soft enough.

I bought the car used with 50k miles on it. Have driven it for 1 year and had the propeller shaft replaced under warranty. No hassles from the Acura dealership who said they have a maintenance bulletin on the issue. I've owned 5 Acuras in the past and can say w/o reservation they have always been great values. Great ergonomics and quality with a reasonable price, especially when compare to the competition.

Interior is perfection. I've read complaints about the business of the dash, but once you live with the car for a week you appreciate the convenience of having dedicated buttons for all the key functions at your finger tips. No need to navigate through screens to change the heating/AC settings, fan speed, rear defrost, etc - its all right there. The seats are so nice that traffic jams no longer bother me, I just settle into the ridiculously comfortable seats and relax - its done wonders for my blood pressure.

I drive mostly highway and have been getting 27 mpg, higher than their advertise highway mpg. The 6 speed transmission has been great, always seems to have the right gear selection, downshifting on que to maximize performance of the 3.7 engine. Shifts have been smooth with regular driving, but stomp the gas pedal and the sifts become more aggressive - LOVE IT!

Of all my Acura, this has been the most enjoyable to drive, although the original Integra was a riot for their day.

Sports car for the family man/woman
By acuratloh

2012 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Owned the car for a few months, so it's hard to rate the reliability.
It's made by Honda, so it should be reliable.
Once you drive the AWD version, you would have to be crazy to buy the front wheel drive version.
I didn't get the tech version because I didn't want the navigation system.
Built in ipod connection and usb port is nice.
This car handles like it's on rails.
I no longer have to worry about pulling out onto a busy road when the roads are wet, this car flies.

I get 26mpg if I drive freeway only at 75mph.
I drive 70% city and 30% highways and average around 21mpg.
Test drove the infiniti g37x, which was nice, but much smaller interior.

AWD- drives so much better than the front wheel drive. Powerful engine. This car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it :) Steering is excellent. Seats are form fitting (might be a problem if you're overweight). Excellent interior room for family. Black leather with white stitching. The car doors are solid. When you close the doors, the seal is excellent. Quiet interior. Love the automatic up and down front windows. Semifirm suspension/handling. The rear headrests fold down when not in use so they don't obstruct your view. Just drove in 8" of snow like I was on drive pavement.....priceless. Car's estimated mpg computer is dead acurate.

Subwoofer - doesn't hit the low notes that a true stereo person would like (ie nothing like the subwoofer for your home stereo). Should be able to get the back up camera without having to upgrade to the tech version. Automatic start has to be purchased as an option which consists of a 2nd key fob to connect to the original key fob which would be too bulky. A little difficult to buckle kids in the back seat with booster seat.

Serious safety defect
By acuradefect

Whenever my wife
125# or son 200# sit in passenger seat the Air bag alarm sounds announcing thgere airbag is off
Aftger 4 unsuccessful attmepts at fixing the dealer spoke with Acura and was told we were sitting wrong..Same reply at Acura central
This suggests that cura is aware of defect cannot fix and is awaiting recall NB I have had the same acura model before without problem and ahve ridden in loaner model without this problem

Fix the defect before someone is killed

Love my new TL
By tcilover

2012 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my new TL for about 3 weeks now and love it, traded a 2009 TSX and what a huge step up! More room, power and luxury.
The interior is beautiful , lots of storage and comfy seats. The front end redesign helped
in my decision .

Interior quality, paint quality and power!

Fold down rear seat