2012 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Sports car for the family man/woman
By acuratloh on 12/27/12 12:13 PM (PST)

2012 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Owned the car for a few months, so it's hard to rate the reliability. It's made by Honda, so it should be reliable. Once you drive the AWD version, you would have to be crazy to buy the front wheel drive version. I didn't get the tech version because I didn't want the navigation system. Built in ipod connection and usb port is nice. This car handles like it's on rails. I no longer have to worry about pulling out onto a busy road when the roads are wet, this car flies. I get 26mpg if I drive freeway only at 75mph. I drive 70% city and 30% highways and average around 21mpg. Test drove the infiniti g37x, which was nice, but much smaller interior.

Serious safety defect
By acuradefect on 11/27/12 13:00 PM (PST)

2012 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Whenever my wife 125# or son 200# sit in passenger seat the Air bag alarm sounds announcing thgere airbag is off Aftger 4 unsuccessful attmepts at fixing the dealer spoke with Acura and was told we were sitting wrong..Same reply at Acura central This suggests that cura is aware of defect cannot fix and is awaiting recall NB I have had the same acura model before without problem and ahve ridden in loaner model without this problem

Love my new TL
By tcilover on 05/05/11 04:21 AM (PDT)

2012 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my new TL for about 3 weeks now and love it, traded a 2009 TSX and what a huge step up! More room, power and luxury. The interior is beautiful , lots of storage and comfy seats. The front end redesign helped in my decision .

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Acura TL Sedan in VA is:

$145 per month*