Used 2012 Acura TL SH-AWD Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2012 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Sports car for the family man/woman
By acuratloh

2012 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Owned the car for a few months, so it's hard to rate the reliability. It's made by Honda, so it should be reliable. Once you drive the AWD version, you would have to be crazy to buy the front wheel drive version. I didn't get the tech version because I didn't want the navigation system. Built in ipod connection and usb port is nice. This car handles like it's on rails. I no longer have to worry about pulling out onto a busy road when the roads are wet, this car flies. I get 26mpg if I drive freeway only at 75mph. I drive 70% city and 30% highways and average around 21mpg. Test drove the infiniti g37x, which was nice, but much smaller interior.

Favorite Features

AWD- drives so much better than the front wheel drive. Powerful engine. This car puts a smile on my face every time I drive it :) Steering is excellent. Seats are form fitting (might be a problem if you're overweight). Excellent interior room for family. Black leather with white stitching. The car doors are solid. When you close the doors, the seal is excellent. Quiet interior. Love the automatic up and down front windows. Semifirm suspension/handling. The rear headrests fold down when not in use so they don't obstruct your view. Just drove in 8" of snow like I was on drive pavement.....priceless. Car's estimated mpg computer is dead acurate.

Suggested Improvements

Subwoofer - doesn't hit the low notes that a true stereo person would like (ie nothing like the subwoofer for your home stereo). Should be able to get the back up camera without having to upgrade to the tech version. Automatic start has to be purchased as an option which consists of a 2nd key fob to connect to the original key fob which would be too bulky. A little difficult to buckle kids in the back seat with booster seat.

Serious safety defect
By acuradefect

2012 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Whenever my wife 125# or son 200# sit in passenger seat the Air bag alarm sounds announcing thgere airbag is off Aftger 4 unsuccessful attmepts at fixing the dealer spoke with Acura and was told we were sitting wrong..Same reply at Acura central This suggests that cura is aware of defect cannot fix and is awaiting recall NB I have had the same acura model before without problem and ahve ridden in loaner model without this problem

Suggested Improvements

Fix the defect before someone is killed

Love my new TL
By tcilover

2012 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I've had my new TL for about 3 weeks now and love it, traded a 2009 TSX and what a huge step up! More room, power and luxury. The interior is beautiful , lots of storage and comfy seats. The front end redesign helped in my decision .

Favorite Features

Interior quality, paint quality and power!

Suggested Improvements

Fold down rear seat