Used 2012 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

3.7L SH AWD
By Nick

2012 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car from a nj dealership in aug.2015. Traded in my truck and just needed something to get me from point A to B. Quite frankly, this car rocks!!! I took this car on the highway-- I-80 North..it took my breath away when it hits the corners. The AWD drive is just unbelievably impressive, even at high speeds. The seats hugs every inch of your body, keeping you sucked in as the car hits high speeds in twist and turns. Not muscle car status, BUT it delivers a wallop of a ride. Good job Acura. The voice recognition and Bluetooth are very responsive, in fact the entire tech setup is ergonomically satisfying. Only objection: TOO COMFORTABLE.

great car...very quick
By Chris B

2012 Acura TL Sedan Advance Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my 2012 acura tl

Really wanted to like it
By Paul M

2012 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Not impressed at all. Had trouble with the car since the day I purchased it. Navigation is awful, the directions are misleading, it doesn't take you on the most direct route and the POI has completely wrong address information and has taken me to places that didn't exist at least 5 times. I have not been able to use a device plugged into the USB port at all, it causes the screen to freeze or reset. I brought the car to Acura and they supposedly changed the unit itself, all wiring and the USB port and it still doesn't work. My worst complaint of all is the transmission. It's extremely jerky especially when shifting into 2nd gear and just isn't smooth at all. It really slows the engine down and now I know why the new Acuras have different transmissions. Otherwise the car handles very well, the seats are very comfortable I can drive all day, sound system very good. Not sure if these are common problems or I just got a lemon but wouldn't recommend.

Great value for your money
By edross22

2012 Acura TL Sedan Advance Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the 2012 TL with 14,000 miles on it. And it has really been fun to drive. Like other people mentioned i paid $32,300 plus tax for this car. I was looking for the new accord V6 Touring full loaded and after seating on the car and feeling how cheap the interior was. Everything is plastic, leather doesn't feel like real leather. I decided to take a look of the TL and decided rather to have a used TL than a brand new Honda Accord. The TL is more luxury, nicer interior and way more powerful. I will definitely recommend it this car. Average mile per gallon right now in mix driving 23 miles/gallon..

Sound system. I really like the dashboard. It my look crowded of buttons, but once you know their function is real fun.

Transmission. I feel sometimes it drags a little bit before shifting to second gear..

owned since April '12
By enbeuu

2012 Acura TL Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

great TL and best Acura owned since Legend Coupe which wasn't close to this model in drivability and comfort. blind spot is horrible and side view cam is a must for this model Rear cam is wonderful.

Engine and rear cam.