Used 2012 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2012 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Great value for your money
By edross22

2012 Acura TL Sedan Advance Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought the 2012 TL with 14,000 miles on it. And it has really been fun to drive. Like other people mentioned i paid $32,300 plus tax for this car. I was looking for the new accord V6 Touring full loaded and after seating on the car and feeling how cheap the interior was. Everything is plastic, leather doesn't feel like real leather. I decided to take a look of the TL and decided rather to have a used TL than a brand new Honda Accord. The TL is more luxury, nicer interior and way more powerful. I will definitely recommend it this car. Average mile per gallon right now in mix driving 23 miles/gallon..

Favorite Features

Sound system. I really like the dashboard. It my look crowded of buttons, but once you know their function is real fun.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission. I feel sometimes it drags a little bit before shifting to second gear..

owned since April '12
By enbeuu

2012 Acura TL Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

great TL and best Acura owned since Legend Coupe which wasn't close to this model in drivability and comfort. blind spot is horrible and side view cam is a must for this model Rear cam is wonderful.

Favorite Features

Engine and rear cam.

Suggested Improvements

Side view cams

Great all around
By josh9319

2012 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

In general we are extremely happy with this vehicle. We've had it for a year and a half. Build quality has been very sound, as expected. For example: a rock broke one of the fog lights. I bought the replacement and installed it myself. The underbody panels were effectively woven together requiring me to loosen three panels to get one out to install the light. The vehicle is designed and built to not come apart. When alone I drive the car very hard, as in like I stole it. Though the front/rear torque split is 70/30, getting the back end to step out is surprisingly easy. That said, it is great for hauling kids, or for date night. My mood improves every time I drive this car!

Favorite Features

Leather quality, seat comfort, stereo, engine, navigation system, road grip is unbelievable, poise in the snow is also very good.

Suggested Improvements

Steering is too light. Flappy paddle shifter is too slow, the upcoming double clutch should be an improvement. Hopefully the upcoming nine gear box and direct injection will improve mpg to thirty or more, while keeping the HP north of 300.

Not bad, but needs improvements
By 71peters

2012 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2012 TL for a year now. I bought it as a CPO for $28K...4K miles on it. I traded in a BMW 328I. Ok, it is a nice car with a lot of options. The interior is nice and very modern. Been on a few long trips and it is very comfortable. Where I have issues is with it's performance. Two things right off the bat, 1) The transmission, second gear to be exact seems sluggish on take off. It really drags the the engine down and makes for a jerky ride. Granted, coming from a BMW...the Acura's performance is not even close. But it makes up for it in other areas. 2) The steering is not sport-tuned and you will feel torque-steer if you get in the gas. Feels like a Buick at times.

Favorite Features

Interior Ride Fuel Mileage for a 280 hp engine Power Overall value for your money

Suggested Improvements

Transmission needs attention. Tighten up the steering a little! Get rid of the Bridgstone tires. I have had bad experiances with Bridgstones before. They are loud and always need to be balanced.

tech package overkill
By tomtrav1

2012 Acura TL Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

this is our 3rd acura and we are pleased overall.smooth and quiet,handles well.

Favorite Features

looks,ride, quality,reliability.

Suggested Improvements

in order to get pushbutton start and back-up cam we had to upgrade to tech package.instruction manual for nav system is the size of a small phone book.i still cant figure out half of what it does.a car of this class should have pushbutton start and camera standard in base model(see 2013 accord)