2012 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Not bad, but needs improvements
By 71peters on 09/17/13 19:27 PM (PDT)

2012 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my 2012 TL for a year now. I bought it as a CPO for $28K...4K miles on it. I traded in a BMW 328I. Ok, it is a nice car with a lot of options. The interior is nice and very modern. Been on a few long trips and it is very comfortable. Where I have issues is with it's performance. Two things right off the bat, 1) The transmission, second gear to be exact seems sluggish on take off. It really drags the the engine down and makes for a jerky ride. Granted, coming from a BMW...the Acura's performance is not even close. But it makes up for it in other areas. 2) The steering is not sport-tuned and you will feel torque-steer if you get in the gas. Feels like a Buick at times.

Awesome car and a great value too
By chop100 on 12/25/12 05:10 AM (PST)

2012 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought my base model last spring after researching luxury sedans for months. I got a great deal ($29,500 and 0% interest for 60 months) and I couldn't be happier. The car looks and feels like an expensive luxury sedan and yet I paid the same as an average mid-size sedan. I went with the base to save $4K over the tech package, how loud of a radio does a 50 year old need anyway? I have my own GPS and it has bluetooth and an aux hookup for my iPod already. Handling is good but not great, wallows a bit due to the size of the car I guess. The gas mileage has been the biggest surprise...averaging 27 mpg in mixed driving and even got 33 on a 1400 mile road trip.

Acura TL vs. Infiniti G37
By carreview123 on 07/12/12 11:44 AM (PDT)

2012 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I drove both the Acura TL and the Infiniti G37x. Infiniti: extremely fast (almost too fast) with solid handling. Interior is nice, but seemed a little on the cheap side. Leather was nice, but I heard a few squeaks during my overnight test drive. I am 6'1" and 250lbs (wide shoulders). I was somewhat comfortable in the G37 but had the driver seat all of the way back and don't know how comfortable I would be after a 2 hour drive. Backseat was tight. Acura TL: Almost as fast as the G37 but not as fast (still PLENTY of power!) Interior was much more comfortable. Handling was just as solid as G37. Interior quality is nicer then Infiniti. Pricing = same exact monthly payment

Awful 6 speed Transmission
By pjmaz63 on 06/04/12 08:14 AM (PDT)

2012 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The new 6 speed transmission is awful, in a weak attempt to squeeze extra MPG out of the car this is by far the worst transmission i have ever driven. It has a severe hesitation/hunting issue in off the line accelerations and awful harsh awkward shifts in low gears.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Acura TL in VA is:

$149 per month*