Used 2012 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

2012 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Great Car
By John

2012 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Had to sell my new 2015 Honda Accord. Did not like the driver seating ergonomics. They did not reveal the issues during the test drive.

Went with this used TL instead. Wow. What a car. Very comfortable. I can actually see the gauges instead of the steering wheel nearly completely blocking them. Very quick. I really have to watch the speed. Quiet. Quiet interior with respect to tire and wind noise. Great package. The low speed shifts are a little wonky, but that is my only complaint.

Dont buy Acura TL
By No More Acura

2012 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this vehicle in 2012 (certified with 5K miles on it). I have had a number of battery issues; cable rust issues ect.. I just ended up replacing the battery today just in 4 yrs. On top of that there was a serious recall for which I had to waste a lot of time. I also had to recently replace the tires within 40K miles.
For the money you pay, there are more reliable brands such as 'Lexus' which is better value for money. Stay away from this POS.

Excellent value
By Cowboy911

2012 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

The Acura TL Sh-AWD rides like it on rails. Cornering at speed is an awe inspiring experience with the SH-AWD driving you through the corners, never experienced anything like it. The seats are excellent, steering a little heavy for me but centers great, brakes are large and bring the car to a stop with no drama.
I have the 19" wheels, so the tires a low profile 45's, look great but the ride is very tight - like you would expect with high performance rubber. I personally love the ride and the suspension does a great job with such aggressive tires making the ride just soft enough.

I bought the car used with 50k miles on it. Have driven it for 1 year and had the propeller shaft replaced under warranty. No hassles from the Acura dealership who said they have a maintenance bulletin on the issue. I've owned 5 Acuras in the past and can say w/o reservation they have always been great values. Great ergonomics and quality with a reasonable price, especially when compare to the competition.

Interior is perfection. I've read complaints about the business of the dash, but once you live with the car for a week you appreciate the convenience of having dedicated buttons for all the key functions at your finger tips. No need to navigate through screens to change the heating/AC settings, fan speed, rear defrost, etc - its all right there. The seats are so nice that traffic jams no longer bother me, I just settle into the ridiculously comfortable seats and relax - its done wonders for my blood pressure.

I drive mostly highway and have been getting 27 mpg, higher than their advertise highway mpg. The 6 speed transmission has been great, always seems to have the right gear selection, downshifting on que to maximize performance of the 3.7 engine. Shifts have been smooth with regular driving, but stomp the gas pedal and the sifts become more aggressive - LOVE IT!

Of all my Acura, this has been the most enjoyable to drive, although the original Integra was a riot for their day.

3.7L SH AWD
By Nick

2012 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought this car from a nj dealership in aug.2015. Traded in my truck and just needed something to get me from point A to B. Quite frankly, this car rocks!!! I took this car on the highway--
I-80 North..it took my breath away when it hits the corners. The AWD drive is just unbelievably impressive, even at high speeds. The seats hugs every inch of your body, keeping you sucked in as the car hits high speeds in twist and turns. Not muscle car status, BUT it delivers a wallop of a ride. Good job Acura. The voice recognition and Bluetooth are very responsive, in fact the entire tech setup is ergonomically satisfying.
Only objection: TOO COMFORTABLE.

great car...very quick
By Chris B

2012 Acura TL Advance Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my 2012 acura tl