2011 Acura TL Consumer Review: Look Forward to Commute Home

2011 Acura TL - Consumer Review

SH-AWD Sedan (3.7L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic w/Technology Package)

Look Forward to Commute Home
By joeb30 on

2011 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a used 2011 Black TL with 60,000 miles. My wife asked why does my TL look so sexy (it was parked next to a 2012 Black TL). Mine has the beak painted black, dark tint, painted caliper covers. I keep it clean and it has a deep shine. Do these cosmetic upgrades it the car looks very sexy. It is SH-AWD which translates to fun to drive. Not to be confused with those small foreign sports sedans, my TL drives like an American hot rod. Big interior, big exterior. Except it has all the electronic gadgets you need. In a few drives the buttons become second nature. Reliability - well my 2001 TL has 200,000 miles and still no problems.

Favorite Features

The handling. This car can make turns at full speed which will scare your passengers. Very fun to drive. The sound system is exceptional. The interior is umber which I love and gives it a "this is not your average car" feel. The hard drive saves your CD's and you forget how good non-compressed music sounds until you play them in the car.

Suggested Improvements

The bass is too strong for the rear deck and will vibrate the windows sending out distortion when you play pop dance music. I took small pieces of thin packing material (felt would also work) and placed it between the rear deck and window. Problem solved. This actually saved me a couple thousand dollars because this TL was not selling because of the distortion. Oh Yea, paint the beak, tint the windows, add painted caliper covers. Keep it clean and give it a deep shine. Heads will turn.