Used 2011 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Amazing car!
By artanmulla

2011 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2011 acura tl tech package about 6 months ago & i love this car. It is very fun to drive & very comfortable. I have not had a single problem with it currently at 33k miles & all the features it comes with are amazing. Such as heated seats navi rear view camera bluetooth audio. I would recommend this car to anyone it is a sport/luxury car

Look Forward to Commute Home
By joeb30

2011 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought a used 2011 Black TL with 60,000 miles. My wife asked why does my TL look so sexy (it was parked next to a 2012 Black TL). Mine has the beak painted black, dark tint, painted caliper covers. I keep it clean and it has a deep shine. Do these cosmetic upgrades it the car looks very sexy. It is SH-AWD which translates to fun to drive. Not to be confused with those small foreign sports sedans, my TL drives like an American hot rod. Big interior, big exterior. Except it has all the electronic gadgets you need. In a few drives the buttons become second nature. Reliability - well my 2001 TL has 200,000 miles and still no problems.

The handling. This car can make turns at full speed which will scare your passengers. Very fun to drive. The sound system is exceptional. The interior is umber which I love and gives it a "this is not your average car" feel. The hard drive saves your CD's and you forget how good non-compressed music sounds until you play them in the car.

The bass is too strong for the rear deck and will vibrate the windows sending out distortion when you play pop dance music. I took small pieces of thin packing material (felt would also work) and placed it between the rear deck and window. Problem solved. This actually saved me a couple thousand dollars because this TL was not selling because of the distortion. Oh Yea, paint the beak, tint the windows, add painted caliper covers. Keep it clean and give it a deep shine. Heads will turn.

Not to be underestimated
By cgervais

2011 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my 2011 TL SH-AWD in March and absolutely love it. I waffled between the '11, an A6 and a Lexus and Acura won me back on value and previous experience. You just can't beat the overall value of this car -- the features, quality and price. I find it odd that many folks decided to buy a TL based on the updated 2012 styling. Granted, the 2011's styling isn't for everyone but it is distinctive, daring and unique. In black, my car looks stunning. The 2012's styling has completed gutted the car of any distinctive quality. It looks like an RL with a bit of Camry -- boring, no visual "growl" or sex at all.

This is a sedan???
By becca00

2011 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package, 18 Inch Wheels (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Ok, I'm posting this VERY late (had TL for a year, but just bought an MDX in Nov.). I wish I could have both, but not enough garage space. I've had several sedans in the past. This sedan doesn't feel like a sedan, it's a LUXURY SPORTS CAR!!! Handling is fantastic (and I didn't even get the SHAWD). Acceleration is wonderful. All of the tech stuff (nav, ipod hookup, stereo, bluetooth) are perfect. Gas mileage is good. The interior design is far superior to all other sedans I looked at and test drove. I have to say, the exterior is SO nice! I've had more compliments on the look of this car than any other I've had. The exterior look is actually what made me want it in the first place.

Stereo is WONDERFUL!!! Seats are so comfy. NO road noise to speak of. Looks better and handles better than any other sedan (including the BMW 5 series). For the price, you get WAY more standard features than any other in it's class. My sis lived in VA when I owned this car and I drove 650 miles to visit her 3 times in a year. Funny thing was, I just wanted to keep on driving it!!!

Honestly... NOTHING!!! I love this car.

My first Acura
By kimas

2011 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My first weekend of ownership, I drove it from Northern California to Los Angeles. The seats are very comfortable for a long drive. I tried all its features during the drive, ie, nav, bluetooth, different audio sources, HFL, etc. Everything worked well. I don't mind the seemingly numerous dash buttons and the exterior. In fact I love them. It took me 30-45 minutes to familiarize myself with the buttons. I have owned a Lexus IS250, ES 300, Volvo S60 and so far, this is the one I love most. My wife currently drives a Lexus ES350 and she can't help but admire my TL.

Ability to do a lot of things with the Nav while driving (vs Lexus Nav), comfy leather seats, wonderful ELS audio.

My wife compained about the difficulty of seeing traffic condition when she turns her head slightly on the left hand side but that's probably because of her driving position. As for me, no complaints thus far.