Started out Infiniti ended up Acura
By Fran Sullivan on
2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)
Test drove the base and SH-AWD Acura TL. The SH-AWD, right out of the gate was just smiles. The base driving experience was not the same. Competent but no fun. My teenage expert agrees the acura has a better feel and the tech stuff really is impressive. I bought a white TL with Umber leather. The wife claims it is a man's car (I can live with that). I am getting 23 MPG with a light foot. Fun driving results in 18 MPG. Get the tech package. Honda does that right.
Favorite Features
SH-AWD for the fun. It turns on rails and the brakes are excellent . The voice activated controls work well and make for a safer drive (eyes on the road vs the dash). The interior fit and finish IHMO is best in class. The ride is quiet, The Nav system beats my garmin and the DVD stereo is simply pure.
Suggested Improvements
Be ready for the road bumps. You will feel them in the SH AWD (but still way worth it). Still trying to get the driver seat adjusted just right. With all the adjustments it has taken longer then I would expect. A compass is on the nav but I would like one in the drivers rear mirror.