2010 Acura TL 3.7L V6 AWD 6-speed Manual w/Technology Package Consumer Review - Silky Smooth

2010 Acura TL - Consumer Review

SH-AWD Sedan (3.7L V6 AWD 6-speed Manual w/Technology Package)

Silky Smooth
By WalterSobchak on

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Was shopping on and off for an all-wheel drive luxury/performance car, and was checking out all the usual suspects (Audi, BMW, Benz) plus the Subaru Legacy GT. I had written the Acura TL off, as I was determined to keep my left foot awake with a M/T. Around the end of July, I discovered that Acura added a M/T to the 2010 lineup. Went to the dealer for a test- drive, and fell in love with the handling/power mix. The size and amenities are great, and the (polarizing) looks have been growing on me daily. Dollar for dollar, the 4g TL is the best value mid-size performo luxo sedan on the road, especially once resale value and insurance costs are figured in (w/ the perfect crash-test ratings).

Favorite Features

Curvy back roads and highway on-ramps are ridiculously fun with the SH-AWD. Upgraded seats and sound system (part of Tech pkg). Exhaust note. Silky smooth manual transmission.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage is a bit low (I'm coming from a 25/30 car), but 17/25 is the price you pay for a 3700lb performance oriented sedan with a 200lb AWD system strapped to it.