Best Performance car for the Money
By Rich Balliet on
2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6M)
This is the best performance car & most beautiful of the all Honda Products made. My Black on Black TL is so pretty and unique. The engine is more powerful, freer and higher revving than any Acura/Honda I have driven. The brakes are neither too heavy nor too light, I have never felt fade (Seldom hear ABS!) and have a very smooth feel. The car corners absolutely flat (on rails)& the steering is perfectly weighted at any speed. The TL 6MT also has equal or better performance than cars costing thousands more (e.g.; Lexus E350, Inf G37x and M-Class, Audi A4, BMW Series 3 and 5, MB C300 and similar 4Matics, Ford Taurus SHO. This is also the quietest “Honda Product” I have owned (MDX, Pilot).
Favorite Features
MY TL keeps asking me ”How fast do you want to go here & here, etc?” It has NO idea what an incline is. All hills/mountains just seem flat because of the engine’s flat, powerful Torque-Curve power is always available. Yet, Mileage = 21.5 town & 28.8 Hi way @70-85 mph. No difference over this range.
Suggested Improvements
Excellent OEM (245/45 R18 96V Michelin Pilot HX MXM4 AS)sing nicely on grooved pavement. But, are otherwise quiet with no hydroplaning. However, in winter (4 mon/yr) I must use 245/45 R18 100V Michelin Pilot Alpine PA3)here in Pittsburgh to survive & to get great tank-like traction in >5.5 in of snow.