2010 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Best Sports Sedan Value
By JM SH-AWD on 03/01/10 08:57 AM (PST)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased the car after cross- shopping G37 and the German cars, and I'm glad I did. Fantastic performance and comfort. Solid, quiet ride. Corners like it's on rails. Shifting is crisp and positive. World class audio system. Beautiful interior. The SH-AWD has to be experienced to be fully appreciated - it's a technological wonder. I've never received so many compliments on a new car. This is easily the best value in an upscale sports sedan. The only way to beat it (maybe) would be to spend at least $20K more. Add in Acura reliability and service and the TL SH- AWD is a no-brainer. I love this car!

Best car for the Money
By Eugene Owens Jr on 02/24/10 20:51 PM (PST)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

WE have a Mercedes E350 and this car is what that car aspires to be! Real leather, not synthetic, check the German rivals carefully, you might be surprised that for what they charge it is an option, Technology galore, drives rock solid, build quality is second to none. The hardest part was picking the color, due to Acura's lack of option based pricing the car comes loaded when you add the technology package. Even without the technology package a lot of things that are options on the German cars are standard. Log on to the German cars websites and add the options that come standard on the TL and see what you get for the money. There is only one option for the money. TL Hands Down!!!

What a joy to drive
By Matt Daly on 02/19/10 11:47 AM (PST)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my second Acura TL, had an 06 and went to the 10. SH AWD is phenomenal, it really handles great. We experienced record snowfall in February in PA and it was awesome, went past people in front wheel drive stuck on hills with about 5 inches on the ground. At one point stopped on a hill to wait for someone to get out of the way (normally a cardinal sin) car made it up the hill without any issues. The ride is great, the power is plenty and the price is great.

great package-style, performance,quality
By joe on 02/17/10 14:03 PM (PST)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Put about 1000 miles so far. Comfortable, great in snow,effortless shifts,surprising performance. I like the look-it's different.

Mostly excellent, but GPS maps stink
By Chrysoberyl on 02/14/10 22:11 PM (PST)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I thought my 6-cylinder AWD Subaru, and 35RL were capable cornering machines until I drove the TL SH-AWD. The TL can corner a whale of a lot faster, and the seat bolsters make even the passengers comfortable while you do that. The instant mpg readout almost turns me into a mega-miler with paddle upshifts. I get 22mpg on 2-lane, curvy, hilly, Ozark roads on 30-mile round trips to town with 40 to 55 mph speeds. Acura GPS maps are so bad, I have to use a portable Garmin GPS to find addresses in this area. Garmin's MapTech maps find locations here and give decent directions. The Acura GPS just shows a dotted line for most roads and directs by compass heading, useless around our very large lake.

Car For the Snow
By John VE on 02/05/10 22:22 PM (PST)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I live in the North West and needed a vehicle which could handle traveling through the Columbia Gorge with icy conditions. I tried to read other reviews to check out the handling, but nothing was to specific. I equipped the car with studded snow tires all around. I've never experienced anything so incredible. I decided to test the handling on a vacant parking lot on Mt. Bachelor. With 5inches of snow on the ground, I floored the accelerator. It was awesome. No slippage, and it took off at an amazing speed. When I did the same with braking, absolutely rock solid in a straight line. The only scary part is not really knowing the limits. It almost challenges you to explore the limits.

Luxury, Style and Enjoyment
By George Eid on 02/02/10 10:00 AM (PST)

2010 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 3 other vehicles, I bought this Acura because I am tired of boring, lifeless, look alike vehicles in the market. I am an Engineer, This Acura styling is out of this world, its styling will last for a decade to come. Its stance says a big statement. I have done my homework before I wrote the check. I drove BMW 3 & 5 series,Infinity G37,Lexus ES350, Forget about it, the clear winner is Acura TL

Acura - Loaded with Features
By Mikey B on 01/28/10 15:34 PM (PST)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my second Acura - I previously drove a 2003 CL-Type S. The new 2010 TL SH-AWD is far superior in handling with the AWD and with the Tech package has the most technology of any car I've driven. The ride and fuel economy suffer a bit with the AWD but this car really handles. This car has more entertainment choices than one can possibly use. The XM radio and the iPod connection are the ones I use most as my iPod allows me to take my entire music collection on the road with me and XM radio comes in handy when I want to listen to something that is not in my collection.

Acura TL SH-AWD Auto first take
By Adius on 01/21/10 21:30 PM (PST)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package, HPT (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Debated between BMW, Lexus and Cadillac AWD. Bought the Acura for dealer support (the better of the three in this area IMO) and the reliability. Not a big fan of the appearance initially but are getting comfortable with it now. Wonderful handling during our initial 2500 mile drive to the Southwest and back. Excellent brakes and suspension feels very well planted. Runs strong especially when into the RPM range where the valve train can assert itself. Engine is smooth. The car is quiet on the road at speed and easily cruises at 80+ if you're not watching. Sound system is amazing. Tech stuff all well integrated. It's quick. Controls are very logical. Would buy it again, no misgiving.

Great Car Just Like I Thought
By Brad BB on 01/18/10 17:22 PM (PST)

This is my fourth Acura, the first being in 1988. A lot has changed. This is a fantastic vehicle. The nav is out of this world and I got 3 months traffic, weather and zag for free. I had XM in last Acura but the reception is better on the 2010. Can't figure out why nav says its 175 to Boston when all my other navs recorded 210. Will have to see if there is a secret route to Bean Town. Overall, the car's performance is excellent but have had it for less than a week. Bought all weather mats but they do not lock while using regular carpeted mats. Have to use only use all weather mats. In 2005 Acura you could snap in two layers of carpet.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Acura TL Sedan in NJ is:

$215 per month*