Used 2010 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Fun Daily Driver
By Raynman

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Wanted to replace a 2008 TL S-Type with a moderate-price spirited daily driver adding AWD for winter driving. The TL is slightly underpowered, and I didn't like the FWD/tourque steer. Test drove the BMW 535/335 X, Mercedes C 4-Matic. Both are nice cars, but when compared to the TL S-Type neither is really exhilarating. I was not considering another Acura until I saw the 3.5 litre 6-speed. My impression, this car compares very favorably with the BMW 535 in size and performance. Compared to the S-Type the ride is softer with less road feel but the AWD system makes it corner like it's on rails even with 18" all seaon tires. Put 19" performance tires on it if you really want to have fun.

Increased HP Manual 6-speed Improved tech package interface, (no more finger prints on the touch screen). Proximity key system. Great seats with a drivers headrest you can actually use, center rear headrest. HDD and iPod interface, very good sound system. Cool weather info and mapping.

Exterior front styling Traffic mapping marginal and auto- rerouting non-existant HDD only copies stero CDs not 5.1 DTS disks or MP3 from iPOD. Even some copy protected CDs are NG. Huge downer in convenience & there's no room in the cockpit to store disks. Voice command is still quite quirky

love it
By oscars

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 3G TL (2007) leased, and with the lease coming up I started looking around at new cars. Specifically the luxury/sporty/AWD sedan market. The 2010 TL was always in the running, but I didn't like the front end on most colors (though it looks good in white and silver), and some other cars seemed more sporty - G37, BMW 335, and others seemed more luxurious - MB C class, Audi A4, Lexus GS. Then I saw they had a 6spd manual, and I had to go drive it. When I drove it, I had to have it. The interior is top notch for the price point, the exterior is distinctive in a GOOD way (esp. the back end), and the combo of 4 doors, 300 HP, AWD and a manual transmission is a very rare and good thing

Handling thanks to 300HP+AWD. Speed thanks to AWD and 6speed manual. Distinct looks. Front seats are very comfortable, interior in general (with tech package) is very nice.

maybe its just my driving style, but my gas mileage is not ever going to top 20 MPG in this car.

Worth it
By ACD

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package, HPT (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned a 2004 TL prior and went to Lexus GS 350 in 2007. I came back to the TL after driving the 2010 SH-AWD. Acura does all the little things well, the bluetooth (quality is outstanding), the stock stereo is everything other reviewers claimed (outrageous for stock), the Navigation is second to none. Having owned a Lexus, BWM and Infinity, the Navigation is well executed and very useable. The AWD reminds me of my 2001 BWM 330ic it truly makes handling feel like a German sports car. I shopped it against the Audi 6, the Infinity M and Cadillac CTS. For the money with all the things Acura puts in the TL standard it was not even close. A perfect choice for an outside salesperson.

Engine performance, handling, stereo, bluetooth, interior build quality. What you get for what you pay is great. Super value when compared to competitors

Need to offer ventilated seats (available on RL and MDX but not TL)

Modern Luxury Right Here
By JLGolden

2010 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I first considered Infiniti G37, Lincoln MKZ, Lexus IS / ES. I even looked at a new LaCrosse. Then it all came together at Acura. The Acura brand is a quiet, confident player among the luxury cars. The TL's styling, comfort, performance, features, and value were the perfect ingredients for me. The Acura brand's reputation, as well as the great dealer experience, further impressed my purchase decision.

This car has a solid presence and it feels like "modern luxury", with the refinement and crispness one would expect from Acura. I'm pleased with the sporty-yet-supple interior, the balanced ride and handling, the ease of using NAV and phone systems, impressive ELS audio system, and backup camera.

This is pushing it some, but I'd like carpeted liners in the bottom of the front door pockets. This would reduce rattle and chatter of the loose items which I regularly place there.

Good Experience
By New Owner

2010 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Thecar is exceptional in its handling and performance. Best car on the market for the price and the lease options are sensational.

Color, reliability & dependability