2010 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Driven by Reason - It's a $teal @ $30K
By JCinDC on 06/06/10 05:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I wasn't even interested in this car. Coming from Infi G35 and Saab 9-3, I was looking for a fresh look, tracking the new Volvo S60/Buick Regal GS due out in summer. Then started fooling around internet and along came a deal at 20% off MSRP plus 0.9% financing. Went with base model as ride is noticeably smoother without appreciable overall performance trade, and I simply won't go north in price given the 280 hp/256 lb-ft under the hood. Just logged 1100+ miles over 2 long road trips; avg 28 mpg hwy at speeds way above appropriate. The car is excellent to drive and I do not find "numb steering" nor "torque steer" as some reviewers opine. TIP: skip the Tech Pack; base radio inks 6 CD changer.

Great all around car
By EddyC on 06/04/10 02:59 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This car has all the things my wife and I were looking for. Fast, handles well, extremely comfortable, and roomy. Also, our top priority. The best stock sound system we've ever heard. Gets mid 20's mpg on a trip, which is acceptable.

12 months later and still loving it!
By Olu on 05/31/10 08:47 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Was hesitant to try a near luxury brand, but have been more and more impressed with this car. Interior has held up well and now that i understand all the tech gadgets I'm very comfortable using 90% or more of the interior gadgets

Who said this is a bad look?
By Ray on 05/21/10 06:35 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my TL, and 2 weeks later my wife wanted one, so now we have 2, same everything, just 2 different colors. I looked at the Infiniti and Lexus and this car by far was a better buy. this car is a pleasure to drive..

Glad to Be Back in an Acura
By louisvillefounder on 05/19/10 20:10 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In 1986, I jumped on board and bought the first ever Acura Integra. Three years later and 110,000 miles, I replaced it for a "family car" Honda Accord. The last 15 years I have owned three Toyota Camry's - all six cylinder. All performed flawlessly, but were vanilla and boring. I couldn't be happier to be back in an Acura TL. My 2010 handles incredibly. The paddle shifters operate in two different modes and add fun to the driving experience. When the 2009 body style was introduced, I hated. Now, I could not love it more. It truly has an aggressive don't mess with me look, which fits its driving personality. It is a unique design that I hope Acura continues to build on. I love this car!

Great car for the money
By Karl on 05/18/10 21:55 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package, HPT (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Acura has done its homework on the new Acura TL SH-AWD! This car is very solid and a blast to drive. It hugs the road and curves like a great fitting glove. Its 3.7 engine is very fast and really easy on gas. I am already getting 26 on the highway at 75 mpg! The tech package is a must if you travel a lot. The sound system sounds very nice and I can store all of my CD's on the hard drive so I no longer have to keep my CD's in my car! It is just plain fun to drive!

What a surprise!
By themarc29 on 05/17/10 11:31 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Leased my 2010 TL SH-AWD last week. Great combination of comfort, style and performance. Love the interior. Has ample backseat room for two as I entertain clients frequently. Incredible handling for large sedan. Quiet and compliant ride for a car with a relatively stiff suspension. Busy dash and steering wheel, but easy to get used to. And what a great value! The car mags usually compare to BMW 3 or Audi A4 type cars; should compare to BMW 5 Series, Audi A6 and Infiniti M. TL is thousands less expensive for purchase and hundreds per month less for lease. Best value out there for mid - large luxury sedan.

great value
By paul on 05/14/10 18:30 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Acura. 2000 CL, 2002 TL, 2005 RL, previous. Comparison shopped against Lexus, BMW, & Audi. I initially had reservations about front end appearance, but performance got me past it. Great value for the money & enjoyable to drive. The latest generation of electronics superior to my '05 RL. The AWD corners great. graphics on navi superior, sound system second to none. This car is responsive.

2010 Acura TL
By truegrit1969 on 05/14/10 14:49 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Our lease was up on our BMW 328. We took a few months and looked at just about everything in the same price range even considering purchasing our 328. The TL was the first thing we looked at...it bacically came down to the TL and the Cadillac CTS. It soon became an easy choice, the TL is the hands down winner! The styling is crazy, both outside and in. A true head turner with real class! I am 49 years of age and have owened them all, BMW, Volvo, Vettes our 2010 TL tops them all. I can't say enough about the design of this car. I wait for my wife to pull in to the driveway daily just to see it go down the road. The ride is tight and smooth. A real pleasure to own a drive. And,it's a HONDA

Love the Tech Package
By ckwacura3 on 05/13/10 15:53 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The Tech Package has exceeded my expectations! Keyless operation makes you forget to use keys when you get in another car! Getting 22.5 MPG in mixed driving, 29-30 on the road, 24.5 overall. I have always gotten better than EPA with my Acura(s). This is my 3rd. Drove many other vehicles, ES, Genesis, MKT, SRX, MDX and came back to the TL as the best combination of features, performance and comfort.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Acura TL Sedan in VA is:

$126 per month*