2010 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Silky Smooth
By WalterSobchak on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Was shopping on and off for an all-wheel drive luxury/performance car, and was checking out all the usual suspects (Audi, BMW, Benz) plus the Subaru Legacy GT. I had written the Acura TL off, as I was determined to keep my left foot awake with a M/T. Around the end of July, I discovered that Acura added a M/T to the 2010 lineup. Went to the dealer for a test- drive, and fell in love with the handling/power mix. The size and amenities are great, and the (polarizing) looks have been growing on me daily. Dollar for dollar, the 4g TL is the best value mid-size performo luxo sedan on the road, especially once resale value and insurance costs are figured in (w/ the perfect crash-test ratings).

This one is great
By Basker on 09/06/10 09:24 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The dealer gave us a good price for this car. We immediately drove this for a 200 mile ride. The comfort and conveniences are great. The best part is the audio storage. Once we insert the CD, the songs are automaticaly stored in the hard drive. We will not need to use any existing CDs once we finish playing them in our car. The car drives great. It is too early to comment about the reliability and other things. Having owned 2 Hondas earlier, that is something we will vouch for anyway.

Tech dream
By tnf on 09/04/10 19:40 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

It has been 45 days, and 1K miles since I bought a new 2010 Tech SW-AWD TL. I am impressed with the car and these are my observations. The car has excellent build quality, has sharp and distinctive interior and exterior styling, has oodles of power available when you need it, is very comfortable and is loaded with cool technology. It is built in the US (in Marysville OH), is designed in Torrance, CA, and these aspects did matter to me. The car is reasonably priced in its class, rated high on safety, and no car company can touch Honda in reliability and cost of ownership. Simply put...this car is an engineer's dream.

Best car for around $40,000!!!
By W1980 on 09/04/10 07:53 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have had the 2010 TL SH-AWD with Tech for a couple of months now and I love it! It is powerful yet refined and quiet, and truly a blast to drive! The sound system is amazing - the only comparable system at this price point is the Audi B&O system. The interior is beautiful - luxuriously soft leather everywhere and a very user friendly console. Gas mileage is pretty good for a 300+ hp car with AWD - considering that I have only had 2200 miles so far and it's already giving me 21mpg on average (50/50 local and short distance freeway driving), it's already exceeding its stated gas mileage on the EPA sticker and it is still getting better! I also like how striking and unique it looks.

Crisp, Modern Luxury Experience
By JLGOLDEN on 08/18/10 04:44 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After comparing several vehicles at the $39K price cap, I determined the TL was the best pick for me. I see too many identical Infiniti G37s around town, strike. Lincoln MKZ & MKS still feel a half-step behind in their luxury effort, strike. Lexus ES feels too mature and the IS is too cute, strike. Not only is the Acura car stunning to look at, but the interior craftsmanship, powertain performance, and tech features give me the impression of solid modern luxury. Interior ergonomics are a near perfect fit for my 5'5" self.

A Ton for the Money
By Mike on 08/16/10 17:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Live in CT and drive to NY daily totaling 33,000 miles a year. As such I buy a new car every three years and I limit it to AWD. I've had a BMW 3, Mercedes c and most recently a Cadillac cts. All nice cars. Just bought the tl w sh awd, tech, under body spoilers and sport grill all less than $40k. 5k less than the cts was 3 years ago. Tl looks great standing still and at speed. Drives like it's on rails and the tech inside is awesome!

5K Miles and never looked back! A JOY!
By RSL on 08/13/10 08:12 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

With 5 months and 5K miles under my belt, the car is everything you come expect from Acura. A trip to Las Vegas yielded 24.6 MPG! This car maneuvered its way around a bad traffic accident happening right before my eyes thanks to superb handling. A work of art in the design department that grows on you the more you look at it and all the technology one would love to have and needs to have! 5 Star safety rating and super Acura service that adds up to a car I have come to love to drive!

Awesome All-Around - AAA!
By zooly on 08/10/10 06:20 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Very fun car to drive - was looking at the Audi S4, as well. But with all the options that I liked, was pushing $60K. With the rebates & 1.9% financing, car was over $20K less! Tech package, AWD, HD, just awesome. My only complaint are the seats for now - they are very soft (Milano, I believe), but the sides are too tight around the sides of my back. Starting to break in -- hopefully that will be ok. If driven normally, can avg 32-35 mpg on the hwy!

Great car and value
By John Voorhees on 08/08/10 14:37 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I took my new TL for a 800 mile road trip right after the purchase. What a car. The handling was wonderful and the feel of luxury was all about the cabin. The electronic were easy to learn and I used them all on the trip. My 2006 TL was a nice car, but this one is a dream. Besides being a great sport type luxury sedan, this is a real value.

Great Car but
By KC on 08/05/10 13:15 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third review. Now I have over 10k miles. I'm always on the road as always and i love driving this car. Sound system is awesome. I wish I was able to watch DVD on navigation screen when I'm sitting somewhere, like other cars do. One problem I have right now. My Third gear. sometimes when I shift into third gear, it feels like it has shifted into third, but when I tried to release the clutch, it makes grinding noise, like the gears have not engaged and the shifter comes back to neutral. Does this happen to others? I wonder. Besides this, I love this car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Acura TL in VA is:

$126 per month*