Used 2010 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2010 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Absolute GEM
By lji1

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Bought the TL SH-AWD 6spd a week ago from a dealership 800 miles away and drove the car back home. The ride quality was very compliant (I'm coming from a Lexus) and not jarring. Initial assessment of build quality seems to be excellent. I averaged 27 mpg (~70 mph) on the trip back home which is better than the 25 mpg hwy rating (3.7L V6). I got the silver which blends in the "beak" pretty well. The car looks much nicer in person. With the incentives for the 2010 TL, this car definitely should be given a thorough look over. All kinds of gadgetry and Acura reliability led me to my purchase. I also considered the G37 and the Lexus GS350, but felt the Acura delivered the most bang for the buck.

Favorite Features

ELS Audio System (440 Watts), Bluetooth Audio, buttery smooth shifter, Interior build quality, Interior space for a family of 4. Able to use navigation system while in motion (thank you Acura!!), amazing how the SH-AWD system changes this car even in a warmer climate). Hands down the best navi!!

Suggested Improvements

Bluetooth quality when on phone (somewhat of a let down). In addition to showing time left to destination, there should also be an "arrival time" option. Design the "beak" so it blends in better with other colors of the car.

Very Nice Car for the Money
By Daily Commuter

2010 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. The styling is great. I'm probably one of the few who loves the grille. It makes the car standout. It drives like a dream. I have not had any problems so far with the fit and finish. No rattles or squeaks. So far so good.

Favorite Features

Base Model- Six cd player, Handsfree Link, comfortable sports seats, usb for iphone, The looks

Suggested Improvements

fuel consumption

1st Acura
By 1st Acura

2010 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. It's a compelling blend of acceleration, sporty drive, comfort, quiet, and packed with features. I considered the BMW 3 series and an Infiniti G35, but the back seats looked like it was made for small children and I was concerned about reliability. For the price and value it was an easy decision taking home the Acura TL.

Favorite Features

Rear view mirror automatically adjusting when I go into reverse.

Suggested Improvements

Glove box is tiny.

TL: Touring Luxury and True Love
By X-man

2010 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Love everything, I don't think sh-awd is a worth buy if you have limited budget, invest on tech package, you will never even look at Mercedes. I drove Mercedes C300, the acceleration was horrible! C300 feels like an upscale of Camry, the tech touch was not even close to what TL has to offer. many critiques focus on the front styling, however, I think that uniqueness is what you are looking for in the entry level luxury car market! I very much like Mayon Bronze Metallic Color! When I bought the car, I was told there were only 5 Bronze vehicles in the mid-atlantic region, which pretty much makes my TL a LIMITED EDITION! The inside is as quiet as a church! Highly recommend this vehicle.

Favorite Features

Tech, Comfort, Unique styling, Amazing color.

Suggested Improvements

more advanced voice recognition system and include collision mitigation system in the Tech package. I don't think CMS is a super advanced tech tailored only for RL models.

bad experience with this car
By phan

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car 2 months ago, I was so disappoint,after a month the engine soound so lound and 7 weeks later the oil lead from the engine .they have to replace the transmission.I would never buy this car again.this is my first acura.I been drived BMW for 12 year.I can not wait to get back to my 535 bmw.