2010 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Excellent sport/luxury sedan.
By J. Matheson on 10/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package, HPT (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 9th TL since 1999 and this is without question the best performing model of all so far. The 3.7 motor is smooth and powerful and gas mileage is respectable when driven with some restraint. While I prefered the exterior styling of the 04 - 08 model, the interior design and materials are excellent and make for an extremely comfortable driving experience, and the sound system is icing on the cake. The SH-AWD works very well and should provide and extra level of confidence this coming winter.

Rattles galore
By Chad on 10/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I couldn't be more dissapointed with the craftmanship of this car. I am having similar issues that a review posted before and neither Honda/Acura would do something about it. I love the car but Acura cannot consider as a luxury brand, quality of fitting is just as bad as it can be. Buy Infiniti, Lexus or BMW. Customer service is just horrible.

Amazing Balance
By David on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package, HPT (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Test drove BMW, Infiniti and Audi and don't understand why "they" don't see this car as an option versus the S4 (but then again don't really care). What I noticed most about this car was the overall balance of features, performance, engineering and safety (2nd to none). Too many buttons? Who cares as you can do almost everything through a great voice command system. 6MT certainly does allow for immediacy and the handling is idiot proof. Huge rear seat area.

Too many rattles
By luisja2000 on 10/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I own a 2010 TL SHAWD & what I can say at this point it's to stay away from it. The car has been in the shop for over 45 days because a noise coming from the right and left pillards. It appears it is an structural problem and after having a factory rep in town they decided not to do anything about it. The service manager told me they started having more cars coming in with the same problem and they do not have a clue have to fix it, they were using mine as a platform for future repairs. Buy something else until Acura addresses this if they do because this could affect the integrity of the car in case of an accident plus the noise it is so annoying that you won't enjoy your ride at all.

Fun Daily Driver
By Raynman on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Wanted to replace a 2008 TL S-Type with a moderate-price spirited daily driver adding AWD for winter driving. The TL is slightly underpowered, and I didn't like the FWD/tourque steer. Test drove the BMW 535/335 X, Mercedes C 4-Matic. Both are nice cars, but when compared to the TL S-Type neither is really exhilarating. I was not considering another Acura until I saw the 3.5 litre 6-speed. My impression, this car compares very favorably with the BMW 535 in size and performance. Compared to the S-Type the ride is softer with less road feel but the AWD system makes it corner like it's on rails even with 18" all seaon tires. Put 19" performance tires on it if you really want to have fun.

love it
By oscars on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I had a 3G TL (2007) leased, and with the lease coming up I started looking around at new cars. Specifically the luxury/sporty/AWD sedan market. The 2010 TL was always in the running, but I didn't like the front end on most colors (though it looks good in white and silver), and some other cars seemed more sporty - G37, BMW 335, and others seemed more luxurious - MB C class, Audi A4, Lexus GS. Then I saw they had a 6spd manual, and I had to go drive it. When I drove it, I had to have it. The interior is top notch for the price point, the exterior is distinctive in a GOOD way (esp. the back end), and the combo of 4 doors, 300 HP, AWD and a manual transmission is a very rare and good thing

Worth it
By ACD on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

I have owned a 2004 TL prior and went to Lexus GS 350 in 2007. I came back to the TL after driving the 2010 SH-AWD. Acura does all the little things well, the bluetooth (quality is outstanding), the stock stereo is everything other reviewers claimed (outrageous for stock), the Navigation is second to none. Having owned a Lexus, BWM and Infinity, the Navigation is well executed and very useable. The AWD reminds me of my 2001 BWM 330ic it truly makes handling feel like a German sports car. I shopped it against the Audi 6, the Infinity M and Cadillac CTS. For the money with all the things Acura puts in the TL standard it was not even close. A perfect choice for an outside salesperson.

Modern Luxury Right Here
By JLGolden on 09/26/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I first considered Infiniti G37, Lincoln MKZ, Lexus IS / ES. I even looked at a new LaCrosse. Then it all came together at Acura. The Acura brand is a quiet, confident player among the luxury cars. The TL's styling, comfort, performance, features, and value were the perfect ingredients for me. The Acura brand's reputation, as well as the great dealer experience, further impressed my purchase decision.

Good Experience
By New Owner on 09/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Thecar is exceptional in its handling and performance. Best car on the market for the price and the lease options are sensational.

A very good car
By Emkay on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I have been driving this car for 8 months now. It has been a pleasant experience. It's a good value for the money and provides a very decent experience. The car picks at a good pace if engine is raved up. The car could have a higher lower end torque, that will add to the driving pleasure. The car has very good audio system with subwoofer, however when you play some music with little high bass, it feels like the rear windshield is going to break. Overall car is a fun to drive but do not expect the thrill and driving experience of Infiniti G37 or BMW 3 or 5 series cars.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Acura TL Sedan in VA is:

$126 per month*