Used 2010 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Rattles, rattles, and Rattles!
By aa21

2010 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package, 18 Inch Wheels (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2010 Acura TL w/Tech brand new and only 100 miles into it, the pillar by the driver side begins to rattle/crack! The car was given back to the dealer 7 times and it was never fixed. Acura sent out one of their "experts" who was nothing but a disrespectful, arrogant liar to help fix the issue. He ignored the issue and even told Autowest Acura located Santa Clara, CA to not look into it. Horrible experience! Customer service definitely does not exist in Acura from corporate to dealership apparently.. I wish I would have purchased the BMW 3 series or the Infinite G. The main problem is the quality of this car and Acura's client service. Horrible, stay away!

- navi - interior design - sport mode

- build cars with quality ACURA! - steering

Best looking Plus Sedan Out There!
By ytb

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I'm in my third year of a lease of an Acura TL. I love to drive it for a number o reasons but I love it's performance and the way it drives. I get many compliments on the style and design. I have a black exterior with a light grey interior sedan and it's the sharpest car out there. Smithtown Acura sales and service department is top notch. Colleen is a caring and knowledgable sales representative. Her goal is to make you happy with your selection and she continues to provide help when needed and she gives my family good advice on future cars. The omly service I had to do on my car was a broken front speaker. I got an appointment quickly and the speaker was replaced. They are the best

Comfortable seats and percision driving machine. Love the dash board.

Noise from transmision
By 2010acuratl

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My 2010 Acura TL has experienced severe noises since new which is felt at when I shift gear from park to drive and releas break lound noise come from transmision. I have been bring back to deler 4 times for mechanic(s) to check it out but they can't figure it out. The car has I couldn't be any more disappointed than I am with the vehicle and Acura's response.I would not recommend this car to anyone.

14 Months, 25K - Little Better
By jimmyt_2

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd post here on this car. The big change since the last post is that the dealer was able to find the source of the "squeal". They replaced a piece of the drive shaft and all is well now. At 25K no other issues have developed. The car is holding up well and I am finally really enjoying it.

Interior comfort, Tech Pkg, I actually like the edgier look of this model better than the bland looking 2012 redesign.

It still stuns me that in 2010 Acura put a 5 speed auto trans in this car when the competitors were using 6 and 7-speed autos. Gas milage still is poor 23mpg per tank at 70% hwy if I'm lucky. Answering a call vai BT is still 50-50. That's it, everything else rocks.

1-year, 22K mile update - Not sure if I would buy again.
By jimmyt_2

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I took delivery on 3/1/2010 and have put 22K on the car since. Overall I love the car and think it is an amazing value. BUT...the car has a noise that is related to tire speed. It ranges from the sound of a thousand crickets to something that sounds like a squealing belt. Of course every time I take it to the dealer, they canít hear it, or by the time they have someone that can ride with me, the noise subsides. Iím concerned that they will not get it fixed before the warranty is up. The dealer mentioned that they are replacing a lot of the AWD shafts due to noise but he didn't think that was my problem.

I love the tech package (navi, backup camera, USB, TLS sound, etc.) interior comfort (seats stearing wheel, etc.), and SH-AWD.

Must have a 6-speed transmission. I drove from Cincy to Miami via Tampa and back averaging 80mph and the best I could average was 23mpg. At 80-85mph it turns well over 2200 RPM. Way too many for a car with +300hp. The 5 speed transmission also has a spot near 40-ish where it wonít downshift and it makes that ďIím strugglingĒ sound until I give it a little more gas and force it to downshift. The Bluetooth is does not work well when answering a call. Dialing out works like a charm but successfully answering an incoming call is 50-50. I always have to be ready to grab the phone at the last second because the BT will not answer even though I'm pounding on the pickup button.