Used 2010 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Best Value, Perfomance leader.
By Mr Marco

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package, HPT (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

With 3 Honda's in the garage, there is a bit of bias in this review. However, the TL simply offered us the best value for our dollar. Even though we had planned to purchase the TL, we checked out the competition. The only car that could beat the Acura in luxury and performance was the BMW 335X. The cost difference was dramatic at over $9000 more. The Cadillac was limited in from passenger leg room. The Audi drove like a Subaru, and the Infinity would not downshift. The TL grill is far from flattering, but we plan on replacing it with a painted aftermarket option next year. Build quality is superb. The Michelin tires will be gone by next year at the rate of shredding that I done so far. BUY 1

Superb Handling, Excellent Audio, Perfect Ergonomics, Competitive Growl, Great rear-view Camera, Best Value!

Bigger glove box & center console. the only missing features are adaptive cruse and self park.

Driven by Reason - It's a $teal @ $30K
By JCinDC

2010 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I wasn't even interested in this car. Coming from Infi G35 and Saab 9-3, I was looking for a fresh look, tracking the new Volvo S60/Buick Regal GS due out in summer. Then started fooling around internet and along came a deal at 20% off MSRP plus 0.9% financing. Went with base model as ride is noticeably smoother without appreciable overall performance trade, and I simply won't go north in price given the 280 hp/256 lb-ft under the hood. Just logged 1100+ miles over 2 long road trips; avg 28 mpg hwy at speeds way above appropriate. The car is excellent to drive and I do not find "numb steering" nor "torque steer" as some reviewers opine. TIP: skip the Tech Pack; base radio inks 6 CD changer.

Seats are super comfortable; well rounded balance of luxury and performance; auto-tilting park-assist side mirrors; personalized setting key coding; HID Xenon lights; spacious cabin size; dual chrome exhaust; Mayan bronze choice with parchment interior totally transforms the panache of this car!

More flexible radio presets/RDS options; better window glazing to reduce wind noise; fold-down rear seats; back-up parking alert; "follow- me" cornering headlights; wood options for dash/door inserts; simplified info display protocols; KILL THE VEGEMATIC GRILLE! The SPG add on helps but not enough.

Great all around car
By EddyC

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This car has all the things my wife and I were looking for. Fast, handles well, extremely comfortable, and roomy. Also, our top priority. The best stock sound system we've ever heard. Gets mid 20's mpg on a trip, which is acceptable.

Sound system, comfort. Lots of well thought out little amenities, like a power plug on the right side of the center console

Lose some of the weight, but I blame the government for that.

12 months later and still loving it!
By Olu

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Was hesitant to try a near luxury brand, but have been more and more impressed with this car. Interior has held up well and now that i understand all the tech gadgets I'm very comfortable using 90% or more of the interior gadgets

SHAWD hands down. Engine has an amazing growl. Great steering wheel and amazing stereo (tech package). Excellent iPod and stereo Bluetooth integration.

Improved nav system. Address entries are great but searching by POI is useless. Also would like 3d view. iPod menus should be like those used for the HDD and phone book. 6 speed auto is a must for the next generation.

Who said this is a bad look?
By Ray

2010 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my TL, and 2 weeks later my wife wanted one, so now we have 2, same everything, just 2 different colors. I looked at the Infiniti and Lexus and this car by far was a better buy. this car is a pleasure to drive..

The entire Tech package.

Slightly larger trunk, but it does hold a couple of sets of golf clubs, so what else do I need??