2010 Acura TL Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Great Car Just Like I Thought
By Brad BB on 01/18/10 17:22 PM (PST)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package, HPT (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Acura, the first being in 1988. A lot has changed. This is a fantastic vehicle. The nav is out of this world and I got 3 months traffic, weather and zag for free. I had XM in last Acura but the reception is better on the 2010. Can't figure out why nav says its 175 to Boston when all my other navs recorded 210. Will have to see if there is a secret route to Bean Town. Overall, the car's performance is excellent but have had it for less than a week. Bought all weather mats but they do not lock while using regular carpeted mats. Have to use only use all weather mats. In 2005 Acura you could snap in two layers of carpet.

Best bang for your buck
By Happy buyer on 01/13/10 21:45 PM (PST)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package, HPT (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I tried a lot of the other cars out there including the German ones. I have to say that the Acura offers everything they had for much less. The all wheel drive handling is second to none although this cost fuel economy it is worth it. The grill is a love it or hate it item. However if you hate it a lot the dealership can offer different custom grills but for a price. I myself don't mind it and i love the rest of the car. Tech package is a must!!

Great Car, but takes a lot of fuel
By Kiran on 01/06/10 12:39 PM (PST)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I got the 6 speed manual. I was looking at 2010 Audi S4 with 3.0L V6 supercharger and this acura. I test drove both cars. Audi has alot more lower end torque than TL does. Also, it gives over 30mpg on highway. I bought TL over S4 is because it was 15k less. I had car for 3 weeks now. I can't say much about reliability and so forth, but I can say is that I love the car. It drives nice and sporty. Many people don't like the front grill. Actually I like that. It makes the car look different and I think it's a good design.

Love it!
By Love it! on 12/28/09 09:03 AM (PST)

2010 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car last week. I have owned MBenz and BMW, but this car drives and rides better. It is the most comfortable seating ever. There is, however, too much technology for me. I'm too old for some of this stuff. It's a great car. I'm still getting used to the styling, though.

Started out Infiniti ended up Acura
By Fran Sullivan on 12/17/09 19:16 PM (PST)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Test drove the base and SH-AWD Acura TL. The SH-AWD, right out of the gate was just smiles. The base driving experience was not the same. Competent but no fun. My teenage expert agrees the acura has a better feel and the tech stuff really is impressive. I bought a white TL with Umber leather. The wife claims it is a man's car (I can live with that). I am getting 23 MPG with a light foot. Fun driving results in 18 MPG. Get the tech package. Honda does that right.

Really enjoy car thus far
By Brian on 12/17/09 13:05 PM (PST)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've driven my 6-speed manual for over a month now. Love the performance. So much fun to drive. Engine sounds sweet. I'm tall (6'-5") and no problem with head or leg room. Have had some comfort issues with the headrest; still trying to adjust everything. Otherwise the seats "hug" you, which is great. The AWD handles fantastically; corners like it's on rails. Like the tech system for the most part; still learning it. Traffic and weather are nice features. The exterior design is fine despite what the editors say. Like the HID headlights. Gas mileage overall is lower 20's but what do you expect with a 305hp engine - 35mpg? Yeah right. Really like the car and enjoy it immensely.

Not a Honda, and that's a good thing
By Bob on 12/15/09 11:08 AM (PST)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased this vehicle after several test drives. The audio is fantastic--best stock system I've heard. The AWD platform lacks some of the RWD jazz the G37x does, but you'll appreciate that FWD bias in the winter. Also, the Super-Handling is otherworldly. Just try to cause understeer--you can't do it. It out-cornered every other car I drove. I test drove all its competitors, and none of them achieve the balance of value, performance, comfort, features, and reliability that this car does. The torque hits max at c.5k RPM, so this is more of a highway driver than a drag racer. However, in sport mode, you can row the 5AT yourself, and see how fast you hit the power band

SWEET
By Ed Robust on 12/12/09 11:39 AM (PST)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This car is on $$$$$... has everything you could want in car and more. Styling, handling and the pure enjoyment of this car makes me get out and just ride. I've owned a 3 Series BMW and this car excels past that, no longer crave that in-line 6. Went with SH-AWD, with bigger engine and tighter suspension "YOU CANNOT" ask for more!!

Fun to drive
By Deepak on 12/06/09 13:46 PM (PST)

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

We just picked up our 6 speed TL yesterday. It was snowing outside, so we had a first hand experience on snow and the car handled beautifully. The 6 speed transmission is very smooth to shift and is really fun to drive. The dealership we bought it gave us a very fair price and we are really thrilled to own this vehicle (this is our second Acura and the fourth from the Honda family).

Amazing Car
By Patrick on 11/22/09 03:10 AM (PST)

2010 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just spent the last 3 weeks researching cars, looking at cars, test driving etc. I stumbled on this one at a carshow and immediately was sold. Great exterior looks, great interior, plenty of room in both front and back (6'3" Driver). Quiet inside and very smooth drive. Black exterior with Ebony leather inside has lots of people walking by and taking a look.