Used 2010 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2010 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

3rd Aura TL
By RFW

2010 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Recently took possession of 2010 Acura TL with tech package. this vehicle replaced 2006 TL. We also had a 2003 TL. Already bullet proof TL's keep getting better. The 2010 is bigger than the '06 and more comfortable. Also bigger trunk. Combined mileage in mis 20's with a bigger engine. Very substantial hard drive for loading CDs. Excellent interface for Ipod. With all this audio power, XM radio is not necessary. key fob is handy for my wife. She can keep it in her purse. I plug it into dash receptacle as I am afraid it will fall out of my pocket. A lot of compliments on the blue pearl color.

Favorite Features

Ipod interconnection. Paddle shifters - especially for down shift on hills. Auto on headlights. Superior dealer service.

Suggested Improvements

nothing

Better tham Bimmer
By cartalk

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Purchased this manual transmission TL SH-AWD based on the praise it received during editor test drives. Let me just say that it exceeded my expectations. It handles and drives better than my 335xDrive BMW with more room and comfort. Those considering a German car costing you thousands more would be foolish not to try the TL. I rushed to get one because Acura is stopping (or has stopped already) production on the Manual Trans TLs. Get one now before they're gone! Great balance of power, handling, and technology (best NAV) if you can deal with the polarizing styling.

Favorite Features

Slick shifting manual transmission, amazing AWD which can transfer 100% of power to rear outside wheel cornering, best Navigation in the industry, best sound system, nice stock five spoke wheels, engine note. All features included -- no nickel and dimming you like European imports.

Suggested Improvements

Don't stop making the manual trans. Fewer buttons and knobs -- you need an engineering degree to figure it all out.

Nothing compares for the price
By montoro

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Bought the car a few months ago and love it. The handling and power is unbelievable. I find it extremely easy to cruise on the highway and the tech package is a must with an actually easy to use nav. i looked at other cars and the nav always seemed very complex.

Favorite Features

Who dost love 305 hp, the stereo and nav, and was def made for the driver

Suggested Improvements

MPG, a complete fold down seat like the TSX

Joy killed by the Remote
By cooolbabu

2010 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I always a had remote-start with new my cars for the last 15 years. This time, I went Acura Remote. It cost $900 and you get only one remote start. And it weights a ton. I need a janitors pouch to carry remote-start and the FOB. Luxury car seems like step down from my previous Chevy Malibu.

Favorite Features

Technology package is good. Voice commands. Takes a while to figure it out but it's good.

Suggested Improvements

Guys, Remote start is not luxury when live a place like Minneapolis. It's time saver wherever you go. Especially, when it's severely cold and it takes forever to go from point A to point B.

The Gold Standard of Luxury Sport Sedans
By GP2000

2010 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I applaud Acura for finally taking the lead with a fresh bold design for the TL. The carís styling is simply brilliant inside and out. And the superbly integrated Tech. package brings the carís substance on par with its stunning looks. The drive is remarkably quiet and controlled. For the last 15 years, Iíve only driven German cars. Before buying the TL, I also considered Audi A4, BMW 535xi, VW CC VR6, Infiniti G37x, and the Lexus ES350. In this group, the only serious contender for the TL w/ Tech. package is the VW CC VR6, but only if you can live with its two- seater rear arrangement and I couldnít! So, all things considered, my final analysis led me straight to the TL.

Favorite Features

Plenty of low-end torque; precise steering; perfectly tuned suspension that offers a taut sporty ride without feeling harsh on rough roads; superbly integrated Tech. package features (hi-res. voice-activated nav. system, 440 watt HDD-based audio sys., HandsFree Link, and the keyless entry system).

Suggested Improvements

Increase ground clearance by at least an inch to make the car less susceptible to damage in ice & snow driving; change to a 6-speed auto. trans. to improve gas mileage; offer 10-year rust-through warranty (VW and BMW both offer this); a completely flat trunk bed; larger front door map pockets.