1-year, 22K mile update - Not sure if I would buy again.
By jimmyt_2 on
2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)
I took delivery on 3/1/2010 and have put 22K on the car since. Overall I love the car and think it is an amazing value. BUT...the car has a noise that is related to tire speed. It ranges from the sound of a thousand crickets to something that sounds like a squealing belt. Of course every time I take it to the dealer, they can’t hear it, or by the time they have someone that can ride with me, the noise subsides. I’m concerned that they will not get it fixed before the warranty is up. The dealer mentioned that they are replacing a lot of the AWD shafts due to noise but he didn't think that was my problem.
Favorite Features
I love the tech package (navi, backup camera, USB, TLS sound, etc.) interior comfort (seats stearing wheel, etc.), and SH-AWD.
Suggested Improvements
Must have a 6-speed transmission. I drove from Cincy to Miami via Tampa and back averaging 80mph and the best I could average was 23mpg. At 80-85mph it turns well over 2200 RPM. Way too many for a car with +300hp. The 5 speed transmission also has a spot near 40-ish where it won’t downshift and it makes that “I’m struggling” sound until I give it a little more gas and force it to downshift. The Bluetooth is does not work well when answering a call. Dialing out works like a charm but successfully answering an incoming call is 50-50. I always have to be ready to grab the phone at the last second because the BT will not answer even though I'm pounding on the pickup button.