Used 2010 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2010 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Better with age
By bmorekid

2010 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package, 18 Inch Wheels (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

2010 Acura TL with 83,000 miles. Bought it two years old and was immediately impressed with the interior design, a work of art! There aren't but a few 2015 sedans that can compete with design of the 2010 TL. I would complements on its looks even when the car was really dirty? Powerful engine that will snap your neck if you give it too much gas. Negatives: the jerkiness and vibrations of the automatic transmission when it downshifts; problematic Bluetooth audio and no detailed audio display screen when using Bluetooth.

Favorite Features

Powerful motor, interior design.

Suggested Improvements

Refine transmission to lessen jerking motion when downshifting; more user friendly Bluetooth compatibility for phone and audio

Really fun But.....
By kev001

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Driven SH-AWD TL now for 2 years. The car is awesome if you have for the right purpose; this is a sports car not a cruiser. It gets horrible mpg and really crashes on speed bumps. I highly recommend using sport mode and paddle shifters to complete the sporting feel. The engine signature and agility of this car is really impressive. Again, I love the car but am now wanting a more comfortable car to ride in as my daily commute has gotten longer with the new job. Also the road noise at highway speeds is so loud, I can't use my Bluetooth.

Favorite Features

Sportiness and agility. Other cars may beat me in a drag race, but not many can beat me where there are curves involved. Technology is top notch, cabin is made with great quality materials.

Suggested Improvements

Really loud at highway speeds. Seats are really low to the ground. Sport suspension is indeed sporty, car crashes on speed bumps and you feel every imperfection on the driving surface.

When it works it's great!
By lankysean

2010 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So I bought this car as a certified pre-owned 3 months ago and it broke down on Friday. At first the car wouldn't start but then when I did get it going I had no power breaks, power windows, or power steering and to top it off the car wouldn't turn off once I got it going. The loaner car they gave me (another TL) also has it fair share of problems. The air bag warnings keep coming on and when I picked it up 3 tires where under 20psi, etc.. Anyway, besides the reliability issues the car is very comfy, has plenty of power and is visually appealing.

Favorite Features

The car is very comfortable, the ride is solid without being rough and it's reasonably quite. I also enjoy all the technology in the car, the GPS is accurate and recalculates quickly. The memory feature on the power seats is a nice touch and is very quick.

Suggested Improvements

Work on the reliability! Maybe I just got 2 duds but they are from different years so I'm not sure whats going on.

GREAT RIDE LOVE IT! SH-AWD
By deezeer55

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I switched to this TL from a Lexus LS. It is obviously a hugeeee difference but I am a fan of the 'sportiness.' The TL turns heads everwhere I drive and the exhaust note is beautiful. The design is great and it is really a fun car to drive. I am a fan of Acura now. I will probably never turn towards german. I like my japanese cars and will always stay with acura and lexus. Havent drove the car in the snow yet (excited to try it out). Great car overall. Fun ride. Reliable. Worth the price. Turns head. Overall 9/10 overall happiness.

Favorite Features

Love the tech package. Coming from a 1997 Lexus I definitely was surprised with all the features the amazing tech package has to offer me.

Suggested Improvements

Sleeker design... Tighter seat stitching

A Great Acura, and I have driven most
By critter441

2010 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package, HPT (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love Honda and Acura. I have owned everything from the CR-X, CR-V, Civic, Accord, TSX, RDX, and MDX. Out of this long list of cars, the TL is right up there with the MDX as the Acura best of the best. In terms of performance, price and reliability nothing beats it. Strongly considered moving into a BMW 335 xDrive or C300 series MB and moving away from Acura after some boring experiences. However, the standard options, performance and cost of ownership cannot be beat by the Honda/Acura line up. If you want sport performance the MT is a must! Honda has the best clutch and throw feel shifter and can hands down blow you back into your driver's seat. The 19" wheels hug the road, smooth, fast!

Favorite Features

The 6spd MT is a Honda/Acura specialty and gives this car a soul. Excellent interior speaks of quality and the sound system is tops. Love the ergonomics of the shift knob, fits in hand very naturally. Hill assist is bonus. USB and iPod interface very modern. High Performance tires a very nice addition for those wanting the most of the MT and SH-AWD. Rear head rest fold down! Love it.

Suggested Improvements

Dash is very crowded with too many buttons to really "see" what you need right away. No blind spot warning lacks behind other cars in class. Lack of color to dash and gauge lighting is Accord-like in feeling and a bit cheap, accents of blue or red as with TSX would add a bit to sport models. Leather a bit hard and not pleasant to touch as with other brands in class. Upgrade this for better interior quality and appeal. Plastic a bit harsh and cheap feeling in some areas, sun glasses holder, front storage bins. Lack of folding rear seats, heated seats in back.