2010 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Really fun But.....
By kev001 on 06/08/13 22:36 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Driven SH-AWD TL now for 2 years. The car is awesome if you have for the right purpose; this is a sports car not a cruiser. It gets horrible mpg and really crashes on speed bumps. I highly recommend using sport mode and paddle shifters to complete the sporting feel. The engine signature and agility of this car is really impressive. Again, I love the car but am now wanting a more comfortable car to ride in as my daily commute has gotten longer with the new job. Also the road noise at highway speeds is so loud, I can't use my Bluetooth.

When it works it's great!
By lankysean on 12/26/12 16:10 PM (PST)

2010 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So I bought this car as a certified pre-owned 3 months ago and it broke down on Friday. At first the car wouldn't start but then when I did get it going I had no power breaks, power windows, or power steering and to top it off the car wouldn't turn off once I got it going. The loaner car they gave me (another TL) also has it fair share of problems. The air bag warnings keep coming on and when I picked it up 3 tires where under 20psi, etc.. Anyway, besides the reliability issues the car is very comfy, has plenty of power and is visually appealing.

GREAT RIDE LOVE IT! SH-AWD
By deezeer55 on 12/17/12 22:30 PM (PST)

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I switched to this TL from a Lexus LS. It is obviously a hugeeee difference but I am a fan of the 'sportiness.' The TL turns heads everwhere I drive and the exhaust note is beautiful. The design is great and it is really a fun car to drive. I am a fan of Acura now. I will probably never turn towards german. I like my japanese cars and will always stay with acura and lexus. Havent drove the car in the snow yet (excited to try it out). Great car overall. Fun ride. Reliable. Worth the price. Turns head. Overall 9/10 overall happiness.

A Great Acura, and I have driven most
By critter441 on 08/14/12 22:03 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package, HPT (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love Honda and Acura. I have owned everything from the CR-X, CR-V, Civic, Accord, TSX, RDX, and MDX. Out of this long list of cars, the TL is right up there with the MDX as the Acura best of the best. In terms of performance, price and reliability nothing beats it. Strongly considered moving into a BMW 335 xDrive or C300 series MB and moving away from Acura after some boring experiences. However, the standard options, performance and cost of ownership cannot be beat by the Honda/Acura line up. If you want sport performance the MT is a must! Honda has the best clutch and throw feel shifter and can hands down blow you back into your driver's seat. The 19" wheels hug the road, smooth, fast!

Rattles, rattles, and Rattles!
By aa21 on 01/15/12 17:20 PM (PST)

2010 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Technology Package, 18 Inch Wheels (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a 2010 Acura TL w/Tech brand new and only 100 miles into it, the pillar by the driver side begins to rattle/crack! The car was given back to the dealer 7 times and it was never fixed. Acura sent out one of their "experts" who was nothing but a disrespectful, arrogant liar to help fix the issue. He ignored the issue and even told Autowest Acura located Santa Clara, CA to not look into it. Horrible experience! Customer service definitely does not exist in Acura from corporate to dealership apparently.. I wish I would have purchased the BMW 3 series or the Infinite G. The main problem is the quality of this car and Acura's client service. Horrible, stay away!

Best looking Plus Sedan Out There!
By ytb on 08/24/11 18:16 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I'm in my third year of a lease of an Acura TL. I love to drive it for a number o reasons but I love it's performance and the way it drives. I get many compliments on the style and design. I have a black exterior with a light grey interior sedan and it's the sharpest car out there. Smithtown Acura sales and service department is top notch. Colleen is a caring and knowledgable sales representative. Her goal is to make you happy with your selection and she continues to provide help when needed and she gives my family good advice on future cars. The omly service I had to do on my car was a broken front speaker. I got an appointment quickly and the speaker was replaced. They are the best

Noise from transmision
By 2010acuratl on 06/22/11 14:29 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My 2010 Acura TL has experienced severe noises since new which is felt at when I shift gear from park to drive and releas break lound noise come from transmision. I have been bring back to deler 4 times for mechanic(s) to check it out but they can't figure it out. The car has I couldn't be any more disappointed than I am with the vehicle and Acura's response.I would not recommend this car to anyone.

14 Months, 25K - Little Better
By jimmyt_2 on 05/11/11 18:26 PM (PDT)

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd post here on this car. The big change since the last post is that the dealer was able to find the source of the "squeal". They replaced a piece of the drive shaft and all is well now. At 25K no other issues have developed. The car is holding up well and I am finally really enjoying it.

1-year, 22K mile update - Not sure if I would buy again.
By jimmyt_2 on 02/23/11 11:17 AM (PST)

2010 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Technology Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I took delivery on 3/1/2010 and have put 22K on the car since. Overall I love the car and think it is an amazing value. BUT...the car has a noise that is related to tire speed. It ranges from the sound of a thousand crickets to something that sounds like a squealing belt. Of course every time I take it to the dealer, they can’t hear it, or by the time they have someone that can ride with me, the noise subsides. I’m concerned that they will not get it fixed before the warranty is up. The dealer mentioned that they are replacing a lot of the AWD shafts due to noise but he didn't think that was my problem.

Excellent
By waltercmarsh on 02/07/11 14:46 PM (PST)

2010 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my Acura TL about 1 year ago. I did the auto research on Edmunds and test drove similar cars from other manufacturers (BMW, Infinity, Audi, Mercedes, etc.). Not only did I find the Acura TL to be the most fun to drive (the Infinity was a close second) but the price made it by far the best deal. I have not been disappointed. The car drives great - it is a pleasure. I recommend it highly.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 Acura TL in NJ is:

$215 per month*