2009 Acura TL 3.7L V6 AWD 5-speed Automatic w/Tech Package Consumer Review - This car turns heads!! (in

2009 Acura TL - Consumer Review

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This car turns heads!! (in a good way)
By chuckz53 on

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I absolutely love the styling inside and out. There has been some criticism in the press about looks, but to me it looks strikingly different and fresh. Same with the inside. There's a knock on the the multitude of buttons, bit I rarely go to the console because everything is voice activated, and besides, that's so much more fun. The novelty of saying "set driver temperature 70 degrees" still isn't wearing off. Being a Honda, I'm sure reliability will be bullet proof. Acceleration is OK, but I do give it low scores for handling - my only disappointment. Once you set up for a turn it's stable and secure, but transitions and aggressive moves are not this car's forte. Still, a great car.

Favorite Features

Tech package gives you features that cost $15K extra in the German cars. You pop in a CD and guess what? It's automatically copied to the hard drive. You can just sit in the car listening to beautiful music being bathed in soft leather and it doesn't matter if the missus is 45 minutes late.

Suggested Improvements

Handling. If torque were biased to the rear the car would feel more responsive. Steering could be tighter and the shocks more athletic. Then the car would be damn near perfect.