2009 Acura TL Consumer Review: Coming back to Acura

2009 Acura TL - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Coming back to Acura
By Anthony on

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is not a sports car. It's a sedan that accelerates fast, comfortable and quiet to ride in. Having driven the 330i, decided it's no longer for my taste; the BMW demanded my attention at all times. One wrong move and the kidney grills head into the wrong lane. TL is more forgiving for daily driving. It just depends on what you want. My goal with the current purchase was fast, quiet and comfortable, plus solid reliability to boot. Styling is purely subjective, so say what you will about the TL styling, it's just an opinion and preference. Build quality is excellent compared to my previous cars, Lexus IS250, BMW 330i and 525i.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable and supportive seats. Styling inside and out, especially rear light housings. Real seating is spacious. Quiet interior at high speed. Powerful base model engine.

Suggested Improvements

MPG very average. Awkward trunk on the smaller side, and opening too high. Can use more storage space in the cabin.
By whchuang
on 12/26/11 00:18 AM (PST)

very nice review, thanks!

By sexynavy
on 01/27/12 11:09 AM (PST)

This is a great review. I'm actually in the process of trading my 525i and I've been finding it difficult to let it go for a FWD TL. But this has helped to ease my apprehension a little.