An Exhilarating Luxury Sedan
By JP2000 on
2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
I have had this car for three months now. I applaud Acura for finally taking the lead with a fresh bold design for the TL. The car’s styling is simply brilliant--- inside and out. The superbly integrated Tech. package brings the car’s substance on par with its stunning looks. For the last 15 years, I’ve only driven German cars. Before buying the TL, I also considered Audi A4, BMW 535x, VW CC VR6, Infiniti G37x, and the Lexus ES350. All things considered, my final analysis led me straight to the TL.
Favorite Features
Plenty of low-end torque; precise steering; perfectly tuned suspension that offers a taut sporty ride without feeling harsh on rough roads; superbly integrated Tech. package features (hi- res. voice-activated nav. system, 440 watt HDD-based audio sys., HandsFreeLink, and the keyless entry system).
Suggested Improvements
Increase ground clearance by at least an inch to make the car less susceptible to damage in ice & snow regions; change to a 6-speed auto. trans. to improve gas mileage; offer 10-year rust-through warranty (VW and BMW both offer this); a completely flat trunk bed; and larger front door map pockets.