Used 2009 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews - 131 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Convinced About Acura / Honda Technology
By Lee

2009 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I live in New England and drive 33,000 miles a year for my sales position. I recently purchased 09 TL AWD with the Tech Package. I upgraded from a 2004 Honda Accord V6 that had 163K Miles on it. What convinced me to buy and Acura was the reliability of my Honda and the trade-in value of my car. When the dust settled I walked out the door paying $30K with my trade-in. I looked at several competitors but kept coming back to Acura. The handling of the TL AWD and the Tech Package won me over. I plan to keep the car for 5-years and expect it will be very reliable and hold it's value when it comes time to trade it in. If you don't look at the TL you miss out on an excellent vehicle.

Tech Package is excellent. No need to fumble for your bluetooth headset. Creating new destinations on the fly is possible without having to stop. I love the styling of the car especially from the back. XM Realtime weather with dopler is a plus in snowy New England.

Heated Mirrors, back-up sensors.

Simply Excellent
By dvr

2009 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After test driving G37, IS350 and TL AWD, I and my wife both agreed to purchase TL AWD. We are very happy with excellent ride quality of TL, and its amazing tech package and reliability. Suspension is little hard for un-paved road driving, but it was all expected. I am getting average of 22 mpg, which is not bad I think, considering its 3.7L 300hp engine.

Superb ELS audio, SH-AWD system, very user friendly Nav system, Bluetooth phone link.

Telescopic steering, rain sensing wiper. Driver's seat upper - lower lumber support. Cooled seat.

My first foreign car
By mike c

2009 Acura TL Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Coming off of a 2006 Lincoln Zephyr, I test drove almost every luxury car you can think of. None of these cars have anything on the TL especially the price. This car is amazing. I was loyal to my Lincolns but this car is on a whole different level. I got the car for under invoice and they ate my last two payments on my Zephyr, can't beat that. Smoother, quiet and a lot better looking than the G37x, the Lexus nice car but overpriced and the interior is ugly.

Paddle Shift, don't use the brakes as much, push start, exterior design, voice navigation, the sport handling with an unbelievably smooth ride. The car is a head- turner. Blue-tooth connectivity, sound system, moon roof, surprisingly soft leather seats and they fold down for my snowboard. Too many to list!!!

Maybe a little better gas mileage... smaller key fob....ummmm... This car is close to perfect.

Acura TL - Get One!
By LMac

2009 Acura TL Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Excellent Car! The Tech Package is awesome - I purchased the car almost 2 weeks ago and I am still finding new neat features. Very pleased to find out that my family of 5 can ride comfortably in the car - me, my wife, my 9 year old, my 8 year old and my 15 month old (with car seat). Get one.

Tech Package features.

Rain sensors to auto start wipers.

I Love This Car
By hemjin26

2009 Acura TL Sedan Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had it for less than a month but everyday I love this car more and more. The nav, climate control, and other tech features it has takes a little time to get used to. It handles great, the ride is comfortable, and it looks awesome.

Tech features, comfortable seats, V6 engine, and the head lights.

I just wish it was better on gas.