2009 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Dream Car
By Chasboy on 03/23/09 15:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

It's way too early, but we love our new TL, and I don't expect that to change. The ride is firm, but I disagree with others that it's too firm. We are coming from a 325, so maybe we are used to it. It corners/handles as well, rides better and quieter, and is so roomy. The seats are amazing.

Brand new
By thomas1127 on 03/13/09 19:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Got my TL w/tech 3 days ago. A lot to learn but great fun. Never seen such a sophisticated system. Ride and drives great. Got a great deal - 12% off msrp plus full value on trade in. Acura is one of the top makers. If you buy one, get the tech package. Unbelieveable all of the features included.

'09 TL
By SB on 03/08/09 23:35 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is very comfortable. Love the way it rides firm but smooth. It is also very quiet. I do mostly highway driving and according to the onboard computer I avg between 30-34 mpg going 65.

Really nice car
By Justin on 03/04/09 14:56 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is an engineering marvel. It is the most intuitive vehicle I've ever driven. You think about going around a corner and you're there. The ride is a little stiff but that's the price one pays for the performance, at least until you get into cars costing three times as much. The gas mileage isn't great, but after all its not a hybrid. Still, if you go easy on it, it's a lot better than you'd expect. The interior controls are overwhelming at first, but once learned are easy to use. The exterior styling stands out and I predict will be a harbinger of things to come across all makes. The tech options are second to none. I assume it will be as reliable as my last TL, so well done Acura.

Absolutely Amazing Bang For The Buck
By LordOfTheBored on 03/02/09 03:55 AM (PST)

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The car is built like a tank. Totally solid. Every detail seems to have been thought thru thoroughly. Suspension on the FWD car is just perfect. Not too firm, almost no body lean in turns (the SH-AWD car was too firm for me). The technology in this car is amazing and it all works so seamlessly. I've never seen a better nav system and I come from owning a Lexus ES350. The screen is gorgeous. Power is incredible for a car that gets this kind of mpg. Everything about this car suggests that it should cost $10-15k more. At around $36k it's undoubtedly the best bargain in the automotive world. I like this car better than my friend's E-Class.

Best Car for the Money!
By Del on 03/01/09 11:03 AM (PST)

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is our 3rd TL after owning the 02 & 06. Ride and comfort are excellent. After looking at Cadillac, Lexus, Infinity & BMW this is the best quality for the $$. The Tech package is outstanding, we love it. The ride improvement is excellent. Drove the 4-wheel version, yes it has more HP and is faster but you give up the smooth ride for the firmer sport ride. The 06 TL was the best road car we have ever had, can't wait to get the 09 on the road. The seats are better than Lexus. The rear leg room is much better than the 06. I do miss the blue dash lights that was in the 06 TL. It's a buyers market, got a great deal. Like the new lines, but the front end needs to grow on you.

So far it's awesome!!
By oscar on 02/26/09 19:45 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is great! From the driving performance to the interior features and tech package. Its like a mini computer in the car. Lets u know about places to eat, movies, bank locations, you name it, it tells you. Plus its really fun to drive. I would recommend the car to anyone.

Unquestionably The Best Bang For Buck
By RazorsEdge on 02/26/09 06:17 AM (PST)

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is nothing short of awesome. I love the Acura pricing policy. Just two choices: AWD/FWD and tech/non-tech. Unbelievable how much quality and technology you get for ~$35k. In size, features, comfort and appointments, the car is competitive with mid sized sports sedans costing $17-20k more (think: 5 series, E-class, A6). It drives like a dream. Steering is razor sharp, suspension is just the perfect combination of compliant and firm (the SH-AWD package was too firm for my taste). Real time traffic, weather, Zagat restaurant ratings/descriptions, nav system and screen that is truly state of the art (MUCH better than any of the Germans or the G35/37), audio system that has no peer, etc.

Very Happy
By TallGuy on 02/25/09 18:18 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a tall driver (6'6") and finally found a "fit" in the new TL. What an upgrade from my '99 Chevy Malibu! Averaging about 24 MPG and love the performance. Beautiful interior with great features - Voice-activated blue tooth, XM, Universal link garage opener, and this is all in the base model. Exterior is beautiful, even getting used to the Bucky beaver front-end. Overall, design is great.

This Is An Absolute Steal
By Fuggedaboutit on 02/23/09 11:00 AM (PST)

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

In a world of $55k+ 5 Series, A6's and E-Classes, this thing is an absolute steal. SOTA nav system and screen, real time weather/traffic, keyless entry/start, real leather, full ipod integration, hard disc drive to store CDs, moonroof, xenon headlights, tilt/telescope steering wheel, seat memories, power driver/passenger seats, tremendous interior room, amazingly sized back seat all for $36k. I felt like I was stealing it. Great ride and handling on the FWD model. Drove the SH- AWD and gotta tell you it's a hard ride. I'm in NYC so no way was I getting that. If you live where the roads are like glass, that may be your car, but with potholes, watch out! The FWD car handles potholes perfectly!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura TL Sedan in VA is:

$135 per month*