2009 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
No Remorse
By Emerson Gibbs on 04/15/09 22:30 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am very satisfied with my purchase... with a few exceptions. The gas mileage is not very good. I did my research and expected this. However, in city driving, I am only averaging 14.3 mpg (according to the computer). Hopefully, the mpg will get better as more miles are racked up. I have had nothing but raves from friends and co-workers about the exterior and interior of the car. I chose Palladium Metallic with the taupe interior. I think this combination looks very good on the car. Not one person has mentioned the "beak". I am not someone who likes to spend money so I did a lot of research before purchasing this Acura. I believe my decision was correct.

09 Acura TL-SHAWD Best Bang for the Buck
By TLSHAWD Lover on 04/14/09 16:27 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The 2009 Acura TL-SHAWD w/Technology Package is very fun to drive while offering interior amenities and technology that are second to none. The 09 335x is more fun to drive and faster but lacks the interior space and modern amenities. The 09 Infiniti G37 is faster but lacks the driving refinement and interior space and amenities. The 09 TL offers it all at a very competitive price. Very happy with my purchase.

The 2009 Acura TL is world-class
By Sean on 04/08/09 22:58 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love the Acura TL. The first thing everyone notices is the distinctive styling. Trust me, when you see this car in person, it looks great. It's very bold, distinctive and really stands out. Beautiful lines everywhere. The interior is also beautifully designed. You can see the beautiful lines and really see and feel the high level of craftsmanship. As well done and even more so compared to Audi interiors. Everything feels great. It has a powerful and smooth engine that can satisfy all but the most discriminating owners. The ride and handling is a perfect balance between sport and comfort. Drive the TL and you'll see how special this is. It's style, technology and luxury at its best.

Best Vehicle Buy EVER !
By Bakers07 on 04/08/09 18:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We just bought our new TL and absolutely LOVE IT!!! We traded in a Cadillac STS and would never ever go back to a Cadillac. Everything about this car is great including the salesperson that sold it to us. It is just as roomy as the STS but way more roomy. The great thing about these cars are they are quiet. We love both the interior and exterior look of the car !! If you are thinking about buying this car... DO IT !!

A Dream Car
By ozzy on 04/07/09 20:13 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my third Acura. First one was 03, then 05 and now 09. The changes from the previous models are drastic. Every detail was thought of, even windshield wipers that no longer leave a streak of water on the windshield in front of driver's eyes. The interior is very high tech, functional and not boring. The suspension is now softer and the bumps are forgiving. It's wider and longer, so it gives you a lot more space. The tech package makes this car even better. For $35K, you'll never find a better car with features such as color backup camera, Ipod integrations, Navi w/weather/traffic updates, push button, etc.

Holy Cow!!!
By autofanatic on 04/07/09 15:15 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package, Summer Tires (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is the first car I've ever driven that really handles like it's on rails!! The SH-AWD system is amazing, and after driving it back to back against the 335i and G37, there's simply no comparison. While the other two might be a little quicker in a straight line, they can't match the handling of this car. Plus, their interiors looked really cheap compared to how luxurious the TL is, and both felt really cramped. Concerning all the comments about the exterior, I have to admit I wasn't sure about it at first. But the more I look at the car the more I love it. I've never had a vehicle that turns so many heads. I had two guys in their 20's compliment the car saying it was "tight"!

Best Bang for your Buck!
By CPR on 04/06/09 12:45 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had a '98/CL, '01/CL, '05, & '09TL By far, the latest edition is superior Loved my '05, but the technology, ride & handling, blow it away. Best stock audio system available; plays DVD Audio, CD's, Ipod interface, HDD; (copies all 2 channel CD's), XM radio, AM/FM, etc. 445 Watts of pure bliss I've heard nuances, on my DVD Audio's, that didn't exist before. Can't find a better value, ANYWHERE!

I love to drive my Acura
By Actingout on 04/03/09 12:00 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having always driven Lincolns, I wanted to look around when I was ready to trade. As soon as I drove the Acura TL, I knew this was the car I wanted. I can't say enough good about it. It beautiful to look at, rides like a dream and has everything I wanted on it without having to pay for the extras...moon roof, heated seats, premium sound system. Because I'm hearing impaired, I've never been able to enjoy a car sound system. Now, I open the roof, turn on the XM radio and hear clearly....wow! I drove several other brands and none compared with the Acura TL. Do yourself a favor...go get one...you'll be glad you did.

3rd TL & still pleased
By TMR on 04/01/09 18:20 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All I can say is, same old story in a good way. This TL is a great car at a good price. As with my other two TLs I could find no better bang for the buck in this class. I love the styling.

Great ride..Better than E 320 Merc
By Sal on 03/29/09 19:26 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 2nd TL (after 2005). This is BY FAR the best car I have ever driven....

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura TL Sedan in VA is:

$135 per month*