Used 2009 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Most Helpful|
Keeps Getting Better
By Chuck

2009 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Took my Acura TL SH-AWD into it's first snow & ice. Car handles well, low center of gravity, solid feel - AWD on demand function works great. A 4WD SUV next to me slid off the road into the guardrail but my TL did fine. Great car, nice quality, good dollar value. 5 Star safety rating doesn't hurt, either.

Favorite Features

On demand AWD function for bad weather conditions and day to day handling. Shift paddles are nice when I want to feel a bit younger.

Suggested Improvements

Doors need to "lock" open when trying to stay open on an incline. Had an non characteristic squeak in drivers seat, dealer fixed it, NP.

A Great Performance Sedan for the Money
By New To Acura

2009 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package, Summer Tires (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Had a 2005 Mercedes E500 4Matic and was looking for a car that had the same size engine and same size interior. Have had the TL SH AWD HPT for over a month and this car does not disappoint. The handling is unbelievable and the power/acceleration is very good. Drove the G37x and the CTS 4 and the TL was just a better car for the money. The ride can be a little stiff and you can feel the bumps on a rough road which is why I gave a rating of 8 for comfort. Overall, though, the ride is good and the cabin is very quiet. Also, the tech package is a must. Easy to use and I use the real time weather a lot more than I thought I would. And I like the front/back design. It is edgy/different.

Favorite Features

Technology package; handling; paddle shifters; sound quality of the stereo system (I find myself not wanting to get out of the car); gas mileage is surprisingly better than I thought it would be; interior quality (just feels/looks luxurious); seats--they just hug your body; engine power/acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Like a lot of other reviewers, I wish the TL had rain sensing wipers; power telescopic steering wheel; more ambient lighting in the interior; a little bit less of a stiff ride.

Rides like a truck - in bumby cond.
By Fran L

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Do not try to contact customer service - they just say well that's the way it is or we will note it. Not try to fix a $40,000 car. By the way you have to call California time to a 800# to a six digit ext. To get voice mail. Send them a letter they get it. Send a letter to the pres of Honda they get it. Tell them you own three of them they say sorry not nice

Favorite Features

power and stereo/sound system

Suggested Improvements

ride rear shock and springs to hard - edelbroc makes a shock that rides easier as you bounce in the city and stiffens on the highway - gee they are both in California maybe they will talk - Not customer service just says all is well and that is the way it is - do they think I would buy another not

A fun everyday 4 door sports car
By Bruce Kepley

2009 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned this car since Christmas, 2008, it's now heading into Christmas 2010, so two years. I can say that it has been a truly pleasurable experience... The car is quick, agile, comfortable, gets 30mpg (!, surprised) and reliable...has the tech package which is VERY useful, and has a huge WOW factor...my fiance likes the car much more than her Lexus. This is my third Acura, the first, a 1999 model, was the best car that I had ever owned up until that time, the second was a 2002 (all TLs) pretty much like the first, and this 2009 model is fantastic... The only problem that I've had was with the driver's seat bolster wearing prematurely...worth the money spent...

Favorite Features

Back up camera in the tech package... Handling ability... Fuel usage (around 30mpg city)... Quick acceleration...

Suggested Improvements

More careful attention paid to the seat material...the drivers side seat wore prematurely and Acura doesn't like to admit this issue...this was taken care of by the dealer on the last two visits at his cost (Rick Hendrick Acura)...

Just an AWESOME vehicle
By Tyger06

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased our TL with Technology Package 1 week ago. We continue to be amazed at the performance and the amount of features per dollar. We have received many compliments on the vehicles looks both inside and out. It is roomy enough for the two of us and our 2yr old. She has more leg room in the back then she did in our old vehicle-a Saab 9-7x SUV.

Favorite Features

Technology package-navigation, ipod integrations, hard drive, the ability to use a flash drive for music and pictures, voice activated everything, keyless start and entry. Fuel Economy. We are averaging 28 on the hwy with 93 octane. Roominess of the interior. Build quality

Suggested Improvements

None at this time!