2009 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Best Car For The Money
By splitice1223 on 06/29/09 19:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just leased a TL w/Tech about 4 days ago and all I can say is WOW! I love this car so much, it is powerful, roomy, and has very nice styling. I get head turns everywhere I go. I got the WDP/Taupe and I just love it. The NAV and Bluetooth are so easy to use and the NAV screen is really clear. This is definitely the best car for the money. I have owned Acura's before and they did a really good job on this new TL. I love every minute I'm driving in it.

Perfect out of the box!!
By neilman on 06/17/09 14:28 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Awesome style, fun to drive - especially the AWD. Ride is firm but not rough at all. Interior is super quiet while on freeway etc. Awesome build quality, drives perfect...and may be the first vehicle I have purchased which will not require a re-visit to the dealer for any mechanical, balancing, alignment, etc. Every other car I have purchased in the last 20 years had to be taken back...Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, GM. Love it, love it, love it. Awesome in black!!

Not sorry I made the choice
By Zoot on 06/13/09 05:00 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Upgraded from a Volvo S80 that was 8 years old. The car is a great ride, very responsive. Glued to the road on turns. Love all the technology. And while I know that previous TL owners by and large hate the styling...I'm good with it. From the side I think it's awesome. I've waited 5 months to put this review up...I have no real complaints except the ride is a bit firm for my tastes after the Volvo and I'd expect better than 22mpg these days...

Best Value For The Money
By msaltzer on 06/10/09 16:09 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned my new TL w/ Tech for almost 3 weeks and I have to say that I am really enjoying this car. I was leasing a 2006 Infiniti G35x and was contemplating a new one. After driving the new TL I was no longer interested in the G. The TL has a new exterior design that turns heads. The interior of the TL blows the Infiniti away. Everything feels solid and of very high quality. I have also been getting better gas mileage than I got in my old G35x. There is no other car in this price range that gives you the quality and the amenities found in the TL.

Most Powerful Acura
By Julius L. S. Penn on 06/06/09 21:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

The SH-AWD model is not a car...it's an automobile. The seats hug your body. The steering wheel grips your hands. The sound system is an on-demand DJ. And the power is to be compared to a 200 meter sprinter...not super fast... but fast. But, the coolest thing about the car is its smarts. My wife keeps her key in her bag. She attempted to put her bag with the key in the trunk and the car beeped and popped back open the truck. Oh yes, I am most certainly enjoying my 2009 TL SH-AWD. :)

Nice car
By diane on 06/01/09 18:04 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I had an Infiniti M35x and wanted a cheaper monthly payment without sacrificing the luxury. Looked at BMW 3 and Volkswagen CC. BMW was too expensive and everything was extra and VW was a little too small. The TL had everything I wanted standard (heated seats, sunroof and bluetooth). Dealer added the decklid spoiler for free. Engine is powerful and seats are comfortable. A little more road noise comes in than I would have liked. Dash layout is nice, looks modern and sporty. Steering is nice and tight. Fuel economy is great (22+) considering I averaged 14 mpg with the M35. I like the ipod connectivity. Good sounding stereo. I like this car a lot.

Great car, buy one if you are looking
By RSchwagerl on 05/30/09 11:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Upgraded from a 2004 Chrysler Sebring 2 door coupe. Tech package is awesome. I have taken the car on a long road trip and was very impressed with the handling and the ride. The fit and finish from the interior and exterior is first rate.

Best Car in its class and best value
By Woyoyo on 05/22/09 11:15 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my TL with Technology package a week ago and I love it. I compared the TL to Infinity G37 and Lexus ES350 and here is what I found. The G37 was great to drive but has unimpressive interior and feels small , the ES350 is very comfortable to ride but un- sporty to drive and large, the TL has amazing interior, advanced technology package, fun to drive and but ugly grill (beak). So I decided that was easier to live with that “beak” after painting it.

Exciting car to drive
By Wayne on 05/20/09 05:38 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up this 2009 TL Sho With tech package 4/2009 and I must say the nav system is much better than in my 05 RL. The vehicle is fun to drive and I'm having a hard time staying out of it. The sound system is top notch and I love the IPod USB feature. Overall after doing much research and test driving BMW, Mercedes and Infinity this is the value for the money out here.

So So
By Dookie on 05/19/09 11:01 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had taken my 2008 TL Type S in for some routine maint and given the 2009 TL. Must say I was not disappointed but not overly impressed. Kinda left me feeling a bit ho-hum *yawn*. The styling of the 2009 TL is confusing. It's as if they attempted to include everything on the exterior and the result is just big question mark. What was the statement? The interior is just as confusing with all its swoops and swirls... definite disconnection. The ride was comfortable, stereo sounded great, seats comfortable. Acceleration was quite lacking as I've become accustomed to much more in my 08 Type S. Overall not a disappointing ride, however, nothing spectacular. The Tech package is extraordinary.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura TL in VA is:

$135 per month*