2009 Acura TL Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
I Love This Car
By hemjin26 on 07/27/09 11:06 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have only had it for less than a month but everyday I love this car more and more. The nav, climate control, and other tech features it has takes a little time to get used to. It handles great, the ride is comfortable, and it looks awesome.

Great Value
By Doc6633 on 07/24/09 08:53 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Compared to other cars that I drove in several different classes this car gave me the most bang for the buck. The space that the car provides and quality of all the finishes compared to other cars at its price point is superior.

Acura TL
By Joe on 07/19/09 19:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a first time Acura owner, sold my 2002 Volvo S60 before purchasing my TL. This car is amazing, comfortable power and fun to drive. The SH-AWD is great, the car is glued to the road at all speeds in turns. I looked at the Lexus RX350 and was sure I was going to buy that but Lexus will not discount the price, so I test drove the TL and bought it the same day.

Loving my new TL!!!
By NicoleinFL on 07/17/09 07:25 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Okay...At first I didn't like the styling of the new TL. But I have to admit it has grown on me. I love the sexy shape, the way it handles, and the well designed interior. Before purchasing the TL, I test drove the Lexus IS 250 and the BMW 325I. The IS was too slow (4cyl engine in a 35K dollar vehicle??) and the BMW didn't offer much in terms of standard equipment. I basically chose the TL as I felt I got more bang for my buck. And we all know Acura makes quality vehicles.

The Best Choice - TL Tech
By alabausas on 07/14/09 13:59 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My TL handles so well and is one of the most comfortable rides I've had, especially upgrading from a Honda Prelude. The voice recognition for the Navi, Climate Control, and radio is awesome. It's still a bit of a learning curve though, but one of the best features. The TL has provided me with the best driving experience thus far.

Weigh in the pros and cons
By Honest Review on 07/13/09 17:07 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Recently purchased a new SH-AWD with Tech package. Pros: 1) Easy to use navigation 2) Inside layout's neat and makes sense. 3) Bigger interior spaces and more room for back seats. 4) Push button engine start. 6) Price is right compared to other competitors. Cons: 1) suspension is too stiff that you can feel every tiny, tiny bump of the road. Any ride longer than 10 minutes in the city is not enjoyable. 2) back trunk is relatively high for putting away heavier objects and it's small as well. 3) Some of the interior materials feel cheap: plastic of door pockets bring the car down. 4) seats are not comfortable as the previous two TL models I had driven.

Acura TL
By joe767 on 07/12/09 12:43 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package, Summer Tires (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first new car and what a car it is. Fun to drive and the technology can be overwhelming sometimes but still great. I already put 500 miles on my car after just 1 week because I want to drive it everyday. The SH-AWD is great, the car is glued to the road during all types of conditions. I'm averaging 28MPG on the highway and I've seen has high as 40mpg.

Best car I've ever owned
By Gatojeff on 07/04/09 22:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I can't say enough about my 09 TL (basic model). It comes equipped with features you'd expect to find in a much more expensive car. Best deal on the market.

09 AcuraTL
By Hawaiihi on 07/01/09 12:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought my new 09 TL base love the car already. I traded in my 02 because the transmission went out right in front of the dealership it must have been a sign. Everything in this car is 100% improved from the 02 model. I looked at ES350 nice car but once you add all the options just too much and the G37 it was too small. Best car you can get out there for the money hands down

Acura TLTech with SH-AWD Rocks!
By 2AcuraFamily on 07/01/09 09:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This car is one fun vehicle. Great technology, great handling, fast (well fast enough for me) and fun to drive. This is high praise coming from a BMW owner for the past 20 years. I test drove a new and a used BMW 535i back to back with the Acura, and the Acura won my heart, mind and pocket book.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura TL Sedan in NJ is:

$232 per month*