Used 2009 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Amazing automobile
By ryan&diana

2009 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Perfection describes the new tl sh-awd! My wife recently traded in her fully loaded Acadia for a loaded tl. I also owned a Lexus is in the past. We test drove everything out- Lexus, audis, BMW's, infiniti's, then we drove this gem. The tl has an amazing technology package -ipod connection, cd, hdd hard drive, and XM. It even holds pictures uploaded via the usb port. The navi is crystal clear and gigantic -I love to see the live weather. This car is comfortable and a blast to drive. I drove it across the country and enjoyed every minute. The leather is so soft! The 300+ horses blows m3's out of the water and I can still get 25 plus mpg's. Test drive one and you will see.

Favorite Features

The technology package -nobody holds a candle -weather, navi screen, hdd, voice recognition, pics, the stereos sound quality! Also, the sh-awd is perfect for all weather driving excitement.

Awesome Car
By ericcc

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I drove a G37x, A4, and 3 series. This car was by far the most technologically advanced car and had the best price. We are thrilled with it. Drives like a dream and the tech package makes the car extremely entertaining. The sound system is incredible. I don't think I have ever heard music sound as good. Very smooth ride, yet feels sporty when you want to push it hard.

Favorite Features

I-Pod integration, real time weather, the ELS stereo is incredible. I just want to sit in the car all day and listen to music.

Suggested Improvements

Power adjustment for the steering wheel. Given the level of luxury and refinement in this car, pulling a lever to move the steering wheel up and down seems pretty low-end and somewhat outdated in terms of technology.

American Made Road Rocket
By RI Car Guy

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Having had great experience with our two other Hondas, we chose the TL over the Accord EXL-V6 for a nicer interior and quieter ride. So far this car has not disappointed, providing a proven drive-train in an upscale fun to drive car. Power and handling are great but the ride is a little stiff. It does absorb potholes better the the Accord and is much quieter. Tech Package is easy to learn (without reading the 2" thick manual) and the sound system is excellent. This car is currently a bargain, costing thousands less than foreign assembled competitors.

Favorite Features

-Excellent Driving Position -Beautiful Interior Design -Technology Package is Awesome -Made in the USA

Suggested Improvements

-More Conservative Exterior Styling -Improve Steering Feedback -Improve Ride Quality

Best Vehicle Ever!
By Joey

2009 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I might be writing this prematurely as I have only had my new Acura for a week. But wow, this car in unbelievable. I test drove Infiniti G37 and Lexus GS. I can't imagine a vehicle with more bang for the buck. I love the styling, performance, handling and navigation system.

Favorite Features

Performance, comfort, body style, 18" wheels, navigation, voice recognition.

Suggested Improvements

None so far.

Great car for the real world
By ah7771

2009 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Hands down the best interior in its class. I love the exterior too. This is one car that won't get lost in the parking lot. I have the pearl white and get compliments all the time. This car handles beautifully, especially around corners. When it comes to how people drive 99.9% of the time, this car wins hands down. If you are instead intent on taking your car through a slalom course, maybe pay the extra $10k for similarly equipped BMW or sacrifice interior luxury and resale value and go for a g37. My 2nd TL and I've been very impressed with how solid these cars are. Never had problems with either.

Favorite Features

Supple leather interior. Comfort. The dual cockpit design of the interior oozes luxury. Traffic updates on navi screen. Reverse camera shows footprint of where car will end up. Ipod SYNC. Syncs with my outlook contacts. Too many tech features to list - I'm still learning them.

Suggested Improvements

I live in AZ so cooled seats as an option is something I'd be willing to pay extra for except it's not available.