Used 2009 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 132 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

I've seen the future
By compewterbleu

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This car is one "Sexy Beast." Test drove both models several times. Previous 2001 CL owner and I have always loved Acura's (Honda's) approach, luxury from a different angle keeping performance, reliability, and quality in the mix. Performance is in the hand of the driver for the most part...I haven't notice a lag in acceleration nor any weird steering problems. Solid. Paying more doesn't equate to better. BMW's and Audi's and such still have folks fooled(along with media such as MT). I love the design for its daring non-cookie cutter non-euro ultra technical look. I'm a design engineer so the art-functionality looks appeal to me and evidently to the ladies, they swoon over it daily.

SH-AWD with 300+ horses. ELS Audio system, Navigation system, safety features. The leather is gorgeous. So is the exterior design.

Rain Sensing Wipers, accident avoidance sensors, blind spot system. Better tires offered. Increase MPG and decrease use if premium fuel...heck make a hybrid!

nice car
By galil71

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. For a FWD vehicle, wheels torque is minimal. One of the reason I choose this car is that most features are standard. The steering is not fast, but in normal driving I don't even realize it. The TL doesn't offer sport package, however; standard tires give sporty feel and keep the car very stable.

exterior/interior design, choosing the car's setting with the key fob, tilting side mirrors, HID lights, heated seats.

300HP would be nice, standard rims design is adequate, where is the standard AWD.

Surprised 3rd Acura TL owner
By Lynn

2009 Acura TL Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is difficult for me to write this review since I loved my last 2 TL's. I did not like the new body style at first but that did grow on me however some of the other changes I could not get use to and traded the car in after only 7 months. The Nav system is no longer touch, you have to use the dial which I found to be very cumbersome or voice which for some reason did not seem to understand me most of the time. The interior also kind of plain compared to previous years. I miss the blue lights. I also felt this new design did not seem to have the same quick pickup that I fell in love with in my 1st TL. Not sure if its the added weight that caused that or some other change.

Add touch back to the Nav system. Improve interior look.

Sexy mom car
By jppalooza

2009 Acura TL Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a 30 something mom who drives this car. I really do like it The pros about this car for me are: -very attractive outside styling -not having to use the key to unlock, start, or anything. LOVE IT! Especially when I am carrying a baby around -interior fit of the seat and space inside the car -the tech package with the hands free phone and how I can talk commands rather than finding the button Cons: -trunk size is small/oddly shaped -no rain sensing wipes -I don't think the sound system is excellent -no sun shade in the rear window -sat radio is only complimentary for 90 days -wish the radio would still play after I turn the car off for 5 minutes (my old Olds did...why can't this?)

See above

See above

Keeps Getting Better
By Chuck

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Took my Acura TL SH-AWD into it's first snow & ice. Car handles well, low center of gravity, solid feel - AWD on demand function works great. A 4WD SUV next to me slid off the road into the guardrail but my TL did fine. Great car, nice quality, good dollar value. 5 Star safety rating doesn't hurt, either.

On demand AWD function for bad weather conditions and day to day handling. Shift paddles are nice when I want to feel a bit younger.

Doors need to "lock" open when trying to stay open on an incline. Had an non characteristic squeak in drivers seat, dealer fixed it, NP.