Used 2009 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Best Car Pick for Class
By BillT

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2009 AWD TL in White Diamond. It has been a very satisfactory purchase. The exterior design was difficult at first to accept, but it really grows on you. The interior is excellent. I love to drive the car, and after four months, the quality has been outstanding. Acura knows how to build a car well, and the service after the sale support has been superb. The technology is exceptional and especially good, since Acura doesn't nickle-and-dime you with add-ons. I'm a committed Acura customer with this car and the last, and I can't wait to see what comes next.

Favorite Features

Real-time Weather and traffic. Also, the sound system with the hard-drive.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage needs to be improved.

3rd Acura
By Ed

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I previously drove a Nissan Maxima for 6 years, until I switched to Acura in 2003. Since then I have never looked back. The comfort and performance in the 2009 TL is incredible. I spend a lot of time in my car meeting with my customers so handling and comfort are very important. Having upgraded from the 2006 TL the difference is incredible. Acura has created the perfect balance between comfort and performance and thrown in all the bells and whistles.

Favorite Features

Everything.

Suggested Improvements

Power adjustment for the steering wheel, seats that travel back for easy entry.

09 TL AWD
By RonB

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car after a 3 year lease on a 2007 Accord V6. The Accord was flawless and sold me on Honda vehicles. The exterior styling of the car is just a little too gaudy for my taste and could be toned down some but it was not enough to prevent me from buying the car. I drove the car on a 500 mile business trip the first week I owned it and that convinced me that I made an excellent choice. The NAV Weather is a great plus, the sound system is excellent, the ride is quiet and comfortable and the mileage is more than acceptable for a car of this size.

Favorite Features

iPod link, weather radar, back seat leg room, seat comfort, steering, sound system xenon headlights, AWD, better than expected gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

Arm rests are too low, no easy way to manually enter phone numbers (has automatic phone number import with 1,000 phone number max and I have 3,500 phone numbers), larger door mirrors, a little less trim on front end and trunk, cooled seats and rain sensing wipers. Road bumps are too noticeable.

Great Car - Great Value
By Jim Matheson

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This segment is filled with excellent vehicles, but the TL stands out based on its long list of standard features and reasonable price. Mine is the base model, which is just as quick as the AWD due to its lighter weight and gets better mileage to boot. I agree the front grille is not Acura's best work, but I found a replacement in the aftermarket which is a huge improvement. While not a true sports sedan, the car handles well for its size and intended use and the motor is a jewel - smooth and powerful. Acura builds a quality automobile and I have found the resale values to be excellent. Guess that's why I have owned 22 of them so far...

Favorite Features

Price, performance, long standard feature list, interior quality and overall fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

If anyone at Acura is reading this, please listen to all the people out here complaining about your new corporate grille style!!!

Great Car For The Money
By dj1billion

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Acura's Trunk Space: Great! Interior Space: Good! The Ride is smooth as silk. I bought the car for the technology and the TL Tech has all the Latest User friendly Options on the Market. Best Bang for the Buck under 40k! Value & Safety 2nd to none!

Favorite Features

All the tech options!

Suggested Improvements

None. So far so good!