2009 Acura TL Consumer Reviews 2

2009 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
I've seen the future
By compewterbleu on 03/25/10 12:57 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This car is one "Sexy Beast." Test drove both models several times. Previous 2001 CL owner and I have always loved Acura's (Honda's) approach, luxury from a different angle keeping performance, reliability, and quality in the mix. Performance is in the hand of the driver for the most part...I haven't notice a lag in acceleration nor any weird steering problems. Solid. Paying more doesn't equate to better. BMW's and Audi's and such still have folks fooled(along with media such as MT). I love the design for its daring non-cookie cutter non-euro ultra technical look. I'm a design engineer so the art-functionality looks appeal to me and evidently to the ladies, they swoon over it daily.

nice car
By galil71 on 02/25/10 22:08 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. For a FWD vehicle, wheels torque is minimal. One of the reason I choose this car is that most features are standard. The steering is not fast, but in normal driving I don't even realize it. The TL doesn't offer sport package, however; standard tires give sporty feel and keep the car very stable.

Surprised 3rd Acura TL owner
By Lynn on 01/14/10 11:05 AM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is difficult for me to write this review since I loved my last 2 TL's. I did not like the new body style at first but that did grow on me however some of the other changes I could not get use to and traded the car in after only 7 months. The Nav system is no longer touch, you have to use the dial which I found to be very cumbersome or voice which for some reason did not seem to understand me most of the time. The interior also kind of plain compared to previous years. I miss the blue lights. I also felt this new design did not seem to have the same quick pickup that I fell in love with in my 1st TL. Not sure if its the added weight that caused that or some other change.

Sexy mom car
By jppalooza on 01/05/10 19:10 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a 30 something mom who drives this car. I really do like it The pros about this car for me are: -very attractive outside styling -not having to use the key to unlock, start, or anything. LOVE IT! Especially when I am carrying a baby around -interior fit of the seat and space inside the car -the tech package with the hands free phone and how I can talk commands rather than finding the button Cons: -trunk size is small/oddly shaped -no rain sensing wipes -I don't think the sound system is excellent -no sun shade in the rear window -sat radio is only complimentary for 90 days -wish the radio would still play after I turn the car off for 5 minutes (my old Olds did...why can't this?)

Keeps Getting Better
By Chuck on 01/03/10 06:47 AM (PST)

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Took my Acura TL SH-AWD into it's first snow & ice. Car handles well, low center of gravity, solid feel - AWD on demand function works great. A 4WD SUV next to me slid off the road into the guardrail but my TL did fine. Great car, nice quality, good dollar value. 5 Star safety rating doesn't hurt, either.

Best Car Pick for Class
By BillT on 12/01/09 19:05 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the 2009 AWD TL in White Diamond. It has been a very satisfactory purchase. The exterior design was difficult at first to accept, but it really grows on you. The interior is excellent. I love to drive the car, and after four months, the quality has been outstanding. Acura knows how to build a car well, and the service after the sale support has been superb. The technology is exceptional and especially good, since Acura doesn't nickle-and-dime you with add-ons. I'm a committed Acura customer with this car and the last, and I can't wait to see what comes next.

3rd Acura
By Ed on 11/17/09 19:07 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I previously drove a Nissan Maxima for 6 years, until I switched to Acura in 2003. Since then I have never looked back. The comfort and performance in the 2009 TL is incredible. I spend a lot of time in my car meeting with my customers so handling and comfort are very important. Having upgraded from the 2006 TL the difference is incredible. Acura has created the perfect balance between comfort and performance and thrown in all the bells and whistles.

09 TL AWD
By RonB on 11/14/09 09:09 AM (PST)

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car after a 3 year lease on a 2007 Accord V6. The Accord was flawless and sold me on Honda vehicles. The exterior styling of the car is just a little too gaudy for my taste and could be toned down some but it was not enough to prevent me from buying the car. I drove the car on a 500 mile business trip the first week I owned it and that convinced me that I made an excellent choice. The NAV Weather is a great plus, the sound system is excellent, the ride is quiet and comfortable and the mileage is more than acceptable for a car of this size.

Great Car - Great Value
By Jim Matheson on 11/12/09 19:25 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This segment is filled with excellent vehicles, but the TL stands out based on its long list of standard features and reasonable price. Mine is the base model, which is just as quick as the AWD due to its lighter weight and gets better mileage to boot. I agree the front grille is not Acura's best work, but I found a replacement in the aftermarket which is a huge improvement. While not a true sports sedan, the car handles well for its size and intended use and the motor is a jewel - smooth and powerful. Acura builds a quality automobile and I have found the resale values to be excellent. Guess that's why I have owned 22 of them so far...

Great Car For The Money
By dj1billion on 11/02/09 21:21 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Acura's Trunk Space: Great! Interior Space: Good! The Ride is smooth as silk. I bought the car for the technology and the TL Tech has all the Latest User friendly Options on the Market. Best Bang for the Buck under 40k! Value & Safety 2nd to none!