2009 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Great Car/Great Price
By BensTL on 10/30/08 15:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have had the car for about 2 weeks now and so far all I can say is awesome. Had an '04 Infiniti G35 AWD and it rattled like crazy. Then a '07 Lexus ES 350, great car but boring to drive and expensive with options. The new TL takes the best of both those cars and puts it into one attractive, fun to drive package. The nav. system and sound system are top notch. Fit and finish are great and with only 600 miles on the car I am avg. 20 mpg in the city, not bad for a car with 280 hp. The seats feel good and the steering wheel has a nice feel to it. The kid in me loves the paddle shifters.

Super Car with Polarizing Style
By True Enthusiast on 10/28/08 09:49 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The 2009 Acura is Superman with a Robin costume on. I'm sure there are some who love Robin's outfit but more I'm sure more prefer Supermans outfit. The styling is too love it or hate it in my opinion. Besides that Acura got it right. They really should get rid of the stock wheels as someone as mentioned too. The upgraded wheels are what should be standard on this car.

2009 Acura TL
By ms on 10/23/08 19:22 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am a fan of Acura cars, having owned a 2003 Acura TL, 2004 TL and 2008 TSX. Overall I found the 2009 TL to be an improvement over the 2004 TL, but there are some little things that I dislike: The soft armrest for your right elbow that slides forward that was present in preceding models is now gone. I miss this.The trunk lid is now higher so you have to lift things higher to put them in the trunk. When accelerating, the engine revs more than the older TLs. What I dislike most is that the steering is too light and feels unnatural. Pros: The interior feels luxurious and upscale. The navi is quicker and the screen sharper and brighter.

Bold New TL!
By PetesTL on 10/20/08 13:01 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall, this car is a great value for all that's included in the price. I like the bold exterior styling that sets it apart from all the other boring "vanilla" cars out there. Performance, handling, ride, features and build quality is much improved over the previous generation. Interior is also greatly improved and roomier than before. The nav system and ELS surround system are both top-notch. Fuel economy is also decent: I'm averaging about 20-21 in city driving.

Fast and high-tech
By Eli on 10/14/08 00:54 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Engine is smooth and powerful, but produces some torque steer on the FWD model. Without the AWD option its easily the best value compared to competitors. This car is a geek's best friend. The interior is full of innovative technologies such as a nav system that routes around bad weather and automatic climate control that tracks the sun's position in the sky. The stereo is impressive, but the built-in hard drive is limited to playing ripped CDs, no directly loading mp3 files. The car is very easy to control with electronic steering and downshifting the transmission for engine braking is extremely smooth. But it would be nice if Honda moved to a 6-speed or better to match Toyota.

BEST IN CLASS
By TK on 10/14/08 00:31 AM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I owned a 1999 Acura TL with Navi and drove that for 120,000 miles. It was a very good car. 10 years later, Acura does it again. I had to get used to the front and rear end of the car, but after a couple of weeks I love the design changes. If you put any other car next to it, other cars just look dated. The standard wheels that come with the car are my biggest complaint. This car really deserves the upgraded wheels which cost me an extra 2500 dollars. I got the ones that are two tone. There are way too many advanced features that I wont list all of them. Go to your Acura dealership and check out the tech package. It simply blows away anything else out there. I am very happy.

acura TL - 2009
By Triple lakes on 10/11/08 19:03 PM (PDT)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd Acura, a 2000 TL, a 2003 TL-S and the 2009 TL. Far and away the 2009 is the best. love the style and the interior is outstanding. Handles great.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura TL in VA is:

$135 per month*