Used 2009 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Cool Car
By CH

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Great Car, I don't like the material used on the grill and trunk as the finish is already tarnishing after 2 months. I don't like rust on brake drums as well. Gas mileage needs improving. Other than that, great car!!

Ipod, sound system

Use better materials on grill...

Too bad...not enough comfort
By neilman

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Tested both base and SH-AWD. Would have been a great car to buy...but base model seats are too hard, could feel pressure in the lumbar area. SH-AWD ride is too firm...lots of noise driving over reflectors on the road etc. Lots of reviews from extensive research say ride is too firm for a luxury car. Also, unfortunately...armrests are decorative and not functional...just leather covering over a hard surface. Comfort is important to me...resting my elbows on hard surfaces while driving does not work well. Too bad...most manufacturers do not think of this, even Lexus. American cars are much better on comfort...been driving GM for 20 years. Although the 09 Maxima does offer great comfort.

Power in sh-awd, and to some extent base is also good. Sound system. Awesome style.

Rain sensing wipers, comfortable cushioned armrests, power tilt/tele steering with memory.

2009 Acura TL 3.5
By bernard edwards

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Picked up our Acura tl Saturday May the 9th 2009 and we were extremely impressed with what a beauty it was, and when we saw it sitting there all cleaned up I fell in love right there. We have 575 miles on the car, and 530 miles was on the first tank of gas, and I was getting over 26 miles per gallion. Love styling, high quality, ride is firm but very planted, great sound system, polished metal exterior, what a class act and love the paddle shifters and dealer will install rear spoiler Tuesday to really set off the beautiful rear of the car, also love the exhaust tips as they look awsome. Manual way too thick and confusing, roomy rear seat, big trunk, and we just love the sleek hunkered down look.

Extremely high quality velvety smooth engine, sculptured look, great gas mileage, great sounding radio, lots of comments when I get fuel as people love the beauty of the car, this is my second acura, love the overall looks, hid headlights.

Michilin tires on all models, how can you improve perfection, this car is simply awsome, great job acura, manual too thick.

Questioning My Decision
By Slack

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I just got my 2009 TL SH-AWD/TECH last week. I love the design and the gadgets, but I am really disappointed in the constant rattling each time I hit a bump. It sounds cheap and drives me crazy. I found out after purchase that this has been an issue with Honda/Acura cars for a while. As much as I like it, I am seriously considering selling the car if the dealer can't fix this. The ride, in general, is a little harder than I like.

The MID and the Nav system are absolutely great. Love the voice command, HDD, and iPod connection features, and my first experience with XM radio is very positive so far.

Fix the rattling!

Outstanding
By Golfer

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

And I wanted a CTS but my wife said no- glad I listened to her. This is my second Acura (MDX previously) after many years in GM vehicles. This vehicle has it all, styling both exterior and interior, good mpg, tech package is user friendly, great sound system and a hard drive to record your favorite music both from CD's and the XM Radio.

Everything mentioned above.

Have had some difficulty with the outside temperature indicator. It works most times but occasionally is unchanged when I know the temperature is different than indicated.