2009 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Nice Car - Good Value
By Jimbo on 01/06/09 22:16 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just bought this car and really have enjoyed it. I got the tech package with my vehicle and it is taking me some time to get accustomed to all the features the car has to offer. I really like the hard drive and USB feature on the car. It does ride very smoothly and handles very well on the road. It is well worth the $$. I test drove the BMW 328 and 335 series and liked the Acura TL much better.

Beyond expectations
By al on 01/06/09 16:11 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I've waited for this car since first trying the 2005 RL, which I found to be too soft. This 2009 TL is really superior. Even in low speeds, on side streets, there's no feeling of nose-heavy understeer. On highway on/off ramps, in spite of having had snow, sleet and wet pavement, it's been holding the road as if on rails. The brakes are superb - which is the first time in an Acura (I've owned six before), that I do not feel that need to be upgraded. So as I stated, this car is, definitely, much better then all Acuras that I greatly enjoyed before, as well as much beyond my expectations of it.

Great Exterior Design
By NewKid on 12/30/08 20:44 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded my 97 Acura CL. The new 09 TL has the wow factor. So many cars on the road today all look the same. Once again Acura has brought a bold new look on the road. I didn't want to pay for a Big L on the back of my trunk. Blending with the rest of the crowd does not work for me. I am an Acura fan all the way.

Forgot my G35x
By Mike NYC on 12/30/08 19:54 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my new TL for 2 weeks and am in love with it. Traded in my 2007 G35x and do not miss it one bit. interior is large and fit and finish is top notch. reviews regarding steering are not accurate. Steering is spot-on and effort is just right. controls are intimidating at first but make perfect sense after a few days. gas mileage is great for this class, and as far as the styling goes, even stubborn anti-car girlfriend loves it.

Outstanding Vehicle
By Roger on 12/27/08 12:33 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. Previous had a 04 TL and a 07 Type S TL. Must admit at first was not a fan of front design, but after a while I love it. It evokes emotion from everyone who sees it. It is a much better car than previous models. The navi is 100% improved from previous models. The AWD system is the best, I drove a Lexus AWD and this beats it hands down.

SH-AWD is a blast!
By michael on 12/27/08 09:25 AM (PST)

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I had a 2008 Type S and loved it. My only complaint about this car was the FWD, always spinning when I needed grip. Most of this problem was made moot when I drove home my SH-AWD two days before the big snowfall in Seattle. I now have 500 miles on my SH-AWD, I can tell you that unless you've taken the SH-AWD in 10 degrees with a foot of compact snow & ice on mountain roads, gliding around corners above freeway speed limits when others could just as well be peddling their cars, you really don't have the data needed to write a review. I'll give you that look of the nose and rear of the body as it comes from Acura aren't as cool looking as the 08 Type S, but those two panels could be painted.

Acura Got This One Right!
By Acura...EXACURA!!! on 12/22/08 22:45 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was in the market for a new sedan and shopped Infiniti G37 and Lexus ES. Stumbled onto the re-designed TL and...WOW!!! This car is a real eye-catcher. Bold new lines, aggressive styling, and it drives like it has more than 280HP. I decided to buy it after one test drive. Very fun to drive, and really decent mileage for a car with this much zip. I love this TL!

Awesome new TL
By PMcK on 12/21/08 06:17 AM (PST)

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I love the new TL. This is my third TL in a row (04' and 06') and it is by far the best one I've every owned. Like many I was skeptical about the exterior styling, but I've had nothing but thumbs up. I live in Canada and with the winter tires it handles fantastically well. I love the iPod interface and the bluetooth. I also love the ticker steering wheel, I only wish it was heated. I also love the paddle shifters and that you can shift gears while the transmission is still in drive. I'm a little disappointed in some of the material used like the interior door handle. Overall I definitely would recommend this car.

2009 TL with SH-AWD
By MikeATL on 12/17/08 21:39 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

My first TL and I now understand all the hype surrounding Acura engineering. The attention to details, the technology, superior handling in snow and ice conditions, and respectable performance for a luxury sports sedan. Looked at Mercedes, BMW and Caddy... no contest!! I really enjoy all the conveniences and I am quickly getting a handle on the voice activated command system. Keyless start is a really is a nice feature as well. Paddle shifters really makes it feel like a performance vehicle. The safety features are second to none, meeting 2010 standards today!

Harry Potter's Broomstick
By Harry's Fan on 12/17/08 21:25 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I was debating between the 2008 Lexus ES350 and this Acura. I am so happy that I have made the perfect choice to bring it home. I love it. The driving is very smooth and powerful. I am driving a lot everyday, the MPG is around 28 on freeway. The seats are very comfortable. I love the design inside out. I did not purchase the tech. package, but came with the car are the bluetooth, iphone connection features.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura TL in VA is:

$135 per month*