2009 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:
Quality at a Reasonable Price
By Bill on 02/18/09 19:39 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Between my wife & me we have owned 4 Acura cars (starting with a 1992 Legend) over the past 17 years. We traded a 1999 TL for the 2009 TL. What really sets off the new TL is its sculpted looks and flowing lines; however, I must admit that the front grille is a bit overdone. Although the dash controls look complicated, they are well marked and do not take long to figure out. Seats are comfortable (but not pillow like), with great support for the back. The brakes on this TL are much better than any Acura I have ever owned and the drive is smooth and quite with very precise steering.

So far - loving it!
By Nick on 02/17/09 08:58 AM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've only had this car for a few days but I absolutely love it so far. The looks were iffy at first but have really grown on me for the models with black exterior/black interior. The handling is superb - it doesn't roll much but has a soft highway ride at the same time. The brakes are awesome and I love the electric steering - absolutely no play = precision. So far there isn't anything I don't like about this. This is a great value for the money.

Excellent
By Satisfied Customer on 02/10/09 17:22 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best bang for the buck. Pleased with super duper performance.

Another great car
By Virgil C. Hicks on 02/09/09 17:01 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2007 TL on this 2009, while it is slightly larger it still handles and is fun to drive. The tech package is a little overwhelming it has been fun to learn. It is smooth and handles very well. It is quieter than the 07

The Best TL Ever!
By BO on 02/07/09 14:28 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After having the 2005 TL AND the 2007 TL both with the navigation system, I figured I would give this car a shot since I LOVED my previous TLs. Not to my surprise, this car was the best car that I have driven. Not only is the drive comfortable and quiet, but the technology n the car itself is phenomenal. You will not find these features in ANY other car in its class or price point and you will definitely get noticed on the road. Money well spent! You will NOT be disappointed! Nothing compares to this NEW TL!

Super Handling Yes...Super Hard Ride Yes
By J.Dave on 02/06/09 21:11 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

How do you love everything about a car, but when it comes to how hard it rides, it ruins all the other feeling, emotions and realities you have. Acura missed on using the wrong tires and suspension and shock settings. If I wanted a harder ride then a Ferrari, I would have gotten a different four door sedan. This is painful!

Mistake
By ArtNob on 02/06/09 20:46 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Decent car to drive, unfortunately my daughter owns 08 328i and Acura loses again. I like the car for what it offers in terms of technology and features for the price; however, driving experience, interior design (finish) and outside look is far from good. The cheap look and feel of silver plastic trim and wired feeling driving makes me feel like in Honda Accord! After driving for a month I love the electronics, hate the MPG (really bad). Bottom line is, if you are 50+ (like me) and take life carefully, it's a great car for you; but if you like to feel the car, take corners with engineered perfection and avoid car with vegetable slicer between the lights, get a bmw!

09 TL
By Steve on 02/04/09 20:53 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car tech package is the highlight of the car, I don't think there is a car made anywhere in the world that compares with it. The radio and navigation packages are simple to use and the resolution of the navigation screen is almost high definition. The overall quality of the car is also top notch, it is a very well made car. And the ride is that of a luxury car, it does not ride like a sports car. So it's fun to drive on the expressway, when you are going 70 mph, but around town it doesn't handle like a sports car. A little boring in the city. I did not get the all wheel drive package, but the front wheel drive worked fine in Chicago winter.

Super Handling Yes, Ride Not So Super!
By Big Acura Fan on 02/03/09 18:57 PM (PST)

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

There are so many things to love about this super special car. The handling, the power, the looks... all impressive! The leather seats, the audio system and navigation are all standouts and would be expected in card twice the price, so there is some value here. That is the good stuff, what needs work is the harsh ride and engine noise in the cabin. The tires and wheel combination look cool, but when you feel every bump and crease it get to be cumbersome, to say the least.

Problems, problems!
By Mark on 01/27/09 00:22 AM (PST)

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I think that this car is really overrated. Sorry that I bought it and I am done with Acura. Have had electrical problems and I am not happy. This is now the second Acura that has had problems. I don't know why this car company has a good rep.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Acura TL in WA is:

$169 per month*