Used 2009 Acura TL Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Weigh in the pros and cons
By Honest Review

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Recently purchased a new SH-AWD with Tech package. Pros: 1) Easy to use navigation 2) Inside layout's neat and makes sense. 3) Bigger interior spaces and more room for back seats. 4) Push button engine start. 6) Price is right compared to other competitors. Cons: 1) suspension is too stiff that you can feel every tiny, tiny bump of the road. Any ride longer than 10 minutes in the city is not enjoyable. 2) back trunk is relatively high for putting away heavier objects and it's small as well. 3) Some of the interior materials feel cheap: plastic of door pockets bring the car down. 4) seats are not comfortable as the previous two TL models I had driven.

tech package, interior layout

Stiff suspension and ride comfort, door pockets feel too plasticky, handling is only so so.

Acura TL
By joe767

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package, Summer Tires (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first new car and what a car it is. Fun to drive and the technology can be overwhelming sometimes but still great. I already put 500 miles on my car after just 1 week because I want to drive it everyday. The SH-AWD is great, the car is glued to the road during all types of conditions. I'm averaging 28MPG on the highway and I've seen has high as 40mpg.

Navigation, XM radio, traffic and wx.

Nothing

Best car I've ever owned
By Gatojeff

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I can't say enough about my 09 TL (basic model). It comes equipped with features you'd expect to find in a much more expensive car. Best deal on the market.

Powerful engine, dual air, comfortable ride and Blue Tooth phone set up.

Nothing.

09 AcuraTL
By Hawaiihi

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just bought my new 09 TL base love the car already. I traded in my 02 because the transmission went out right in front of the dealership it must have been a sign. Everything in this car is 100% improved from the 02 model. I looked at ES350 nice car but once you add all the options just too much and the G37 it was too small. Best car you can get out there for the money hands down

Radio, exterior, and interior styling .

AC seats, electronic telescoping wheel, standard push to start.

Acura TLTech with SH-AWD Rocks!
By 2AcuraFamily

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This car is one fun vehicle. Great technology, great handling, fast (well fast enough for me) and fun to drive. This is high praise coming from a BMW owner for the past 20 years. I test drove a new and a used BMW 535i back to back with the Acura, and the Acura won my heart, mind and pocket book.

Tightness of awd handling, looks, technology, and interior (I feel like I am part of the car, not just an occupant).

Electronic adjusting steering column (like my wife's 2008 MDX) and maybe a little more room in the glove box.