Used 2009 Acura TL Consumer Reviews - 131 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TL

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Great Value
By Doc6633

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Compared to other cars that I drove in several different classes this car gave me the most bang for the buck. The space that the car provides and quality of all the finishes compared to other cars at its price point is superior.

Great ride, quick, roomy.

The seats could be a bit more comfortable.

Acura TL
By Joe

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I'm a first time Acura owner, sold my 2002 Volvo S60 before purchasing my TL. This car is amazing, comfortable power and fun to drive. The SH-AWD is great, the car is glued to the road at all speeds in turns. I looked at the Lexus RX350 and was sure I was going to buy that but Lexus will not discount the price, so I test drove the TL and bought it the same day.

SH-AWD, Hard Drive, Navigation, Ipod interface.

Nothing

Loving my new TL!!!
By NicoleinFL

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Okay...At first I didn't like the styling of the new TL. But I have to admit it has grown on me. I love the sexy shape, the way it handles, and the well designed interior. Before purchasing the TL, I test drove the Lexus IS 250 and the BMW 325I. The IS was too slow (4cyl engine in a 35K dollar vehicle??) and the BMW didn't offer much in terms of standard equipment. I basically chose the TL as I felt I got more bang for my buck. And we all know Acura makes quality vehicles.

Styling, smooth ride, comfortable interior.

Break down the tech package. I wanted navi, but didn't want all the other "stuff" included in the tech package.

The Best Choice - TL Tech
By alabausas

2009 Acura TL Technology Package 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My TL handles so well and is one of the most comfortable rides I've had, especially upgrading from a Honda Prelude. The voice recognition for the Navi, Climate Control, and radio is awesome. It's still a bit of a learning curve though, but one of the best features. The TL has provided me with the best driving experience thus far.

The navigator is so awesome, such a great upgrade from a Garmin. The voice recognition makes everything so easy to handle, from the radio to the climate control. The iPod USB connection is awesome, it keeps the iPod charged. The HDD is awesome! Downloading CDs into the hard drive means no CDs!

Gas mileage.

Weigh in the pros and cons
By Honest Review

2009 Acura TL SH-AWD w/Technology Package 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Recently purchased a new SH-AWD with Tech package. Pros: 1) Easy to use navigation 2) Inside layout's neat and makes sense. 3) Bigger interior spaces and more room for back seats. 4) Push button engine start. 6) Price is right compared to other competitors. Cons: 1) suspension is too stiff that you can feel every tiny, tiny bump of the road. Any ride longer than 10 minutes in the city is not enjoyable. 2) back trunk is relatively high for putting away heavier objects and it's small as well. 3) Some of the interior materials feel cheap: plastic of door pockets bring the car down. 4) seats are not comfortable as the previous two TL models I had driven.

tech package, interior layout

Stiff suspension and ride comfort, door pockets feel too plasticky, handling is only so so.