Used 2009 Acura TL Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

2009 Acura TL Sedan

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Coming back to Acura
By Anthony

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is not a sports car. It's a sedan that accelerates fast, comfortable and quiet to ride in. Having driven the 330i, decided it's no longer for my taste; the BMW demanded my attention at all times. One wrong move and the kidney grills head into the wrong lane. TL is more forgiving for daily driving. It just depends on what you want. My goal with the current purchase was fast, quiet and comfortable, plus solid reliability to boot. Styling is purely subjective, so say what you will about the TL styling, it's just an opinion and preference. Build quality is excellent compared to my previous cars, Lexus IS250, BMW 330i and 525i.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable and supportive seats. Styling inside and out, especially rear light housings. Real seating is spacious. Quiet interior at high speed. Powerful base model engine.

Suggested Improvements

MPG very average. Awkward trunk on the smaller side, and opening too high. Can use more storage space in the cabin.

Not Boring
By Mile high

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I can say that this is the first car I have ever purchased that I love. Great styling (not boring). Very quick, sweet interior with plenty of room, I am 6'4" and have no problem fitting in the front or back. Decent gas mileage for the power you get. Yes a Honda Accord V6 may be similar but they are a totally different car. Drove the Accord and found it boring (every family has one). Get looks in this car all the time. This car looks like a $50,000.00 vehicle. Great value for the price compared to BMW, Lexus, Nissan Maxium, Audi, Mercedes. If you want a car that will have style and is reliable and a fun drive that not everyone on the block has this is the car for you.

Favorite Features

Looks, performance, price, interior styling, WOW factor.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of right now.

Nice change
By catcher10us

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just turned in my '08 TL and leased a new '10 TL. What a difference. The "08 looked great but was uncomfortable and not a fun drive. The '10 is like night and day. Very plush inside, ride is great and seems like its more powerful and smooth. The steering feels a bit loose in the '10 and it doesn't handle as tightly as the '08 but so far overall much more comfortable to be in. Acura quality is evident everywhere. Not crazy about the styling but with the right color choice its more than fine. Good deal on the new lease as well.

Favorite Features

Interior comfort, ride and power

Suggested Improvements

non so far

2009 acura tl
By bernard edwards

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am on my second year with my tl, and I as very impressed with the quality, and the smooth 3.5 engine and I am not that impressed with the manual auto shifter, as sometimes the transmission shifts two times, and this car should have a six speed manual available instead of making you buy the over 40,000 dollar all wheel drive with the technology package, and the six speed should be available in the tsx also as it has the same engine that the tl has as a option, and this five speed just is not a good fit as it holds the engine back, and we love this car, and we drove a mdx for a few days, and now this is a real car, as this car really sounds so good with the 3.7 engine singing with a big smooth burst.

Favorite Features

we love the hunkered down look of this car as it is so sleek,and powerful,and we are getting 28 mpg.did not like the front end at first,but i grew to really like it, and i don't really like the type of leather on the dashboard, as it looks like really cheap. love the dual exhaust, and this car is awesome

Suggested Improvements

the ride is way too stiff as every one complains about this so Honda you should soften the ride some,and i never get tired of looking at this car, and get with it, Honda where is a really good type-s as i had a 2001 type-s and i feel this tl will go around the type s on the top end, as it is sleeker

nice car
By galil71

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love this car. For a FWD vehicle, wheels torque is minimal. One of the reason I choose this car is that most features are standard. The steering is not fast, but in normal driving I don't even realize it. The TL doesn't offer sport package, however; standard tires give sporty feel and keep the car very stable.

Favorite Features

exterior/interior design, choosing the car's setting with the key fob, tilting side mirrors, HID lights, heated seats.

Suggested Improvements

300HP would be nice, standard rims design is adequate, where is the standard AWD.