Used 2009 Acura TL Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura Tl - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Pleasantly Surprised...
By sexynavy

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

First, I must admit this car is nice and fun to drive. I was looking for something comparable to my '06 525i and struggled with the decision to trade it. But after owning the TL for over a month & a half, the trade was well worth it. I'm a big techy person and having all the features that the TL comes with was like putting a kid in a candy store. My 525i didn't even have a quarter of those features & to get them would've cost thousands. I was also concerned about the speed between RWD & FWD. But the TL has proved itself to be just as good in that area. Also, I believe the TL has the reliability that I've been looking for...which I didn't have with the 525i.

Favorite Features

Tech pkg (HDD, Bluetooth Audio, Voice Commands, Nav, Paddle Shifters, Keyless Entry/Ignition...I mean the list goes on & on.), Sleek exterior design, Comfortable interior, Smooth ride, Luxury feel with an affordable price tag. The more I drive it, the more I love it.

Suggested Improvements

Push button rain sensor wipers, power tilt adjustment for steering wheel, 6 speed automatic

An Amazing Sports Sedan!!!
By shaymasdaddy06

2009 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package, Summer Tires (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

After 1 month and 2000 miles, this is now my favorite car of all time. Yes the ride is firm with the 19s and it is a tad bit thirsty on gas, but the total package is worth it. I found a '09 CPO TL Tech SH-AWD with 41K miles and it is rock solid. The handling is unbelieveable. I may not be able to toss it in a corner like a BMW, but the handling is rewarding on its own merit. The interior is amazing and the seats wrap around you like a glove. I can't wait to drive it each day!!

Favorite Features

White Diamond/Umber combination; handling; distinctive exterior; Acura/Honda Reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Ventilated Seats (but don't like the toned down look of the 2012 TL).

A fun everyday 4 door sports car
By Bruce Kepley

2009 Acura TL Sedan SH-AWD 4dr Sedan AWD w/Tech Package (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Have owned this car since Christmas, 2008, it's now heading into Christmas 2010, so two years. I can say that it has been a truly pleasurable experience... The car is quick, agile, comfortable, gets 30mpg (!, surprised) and reliable...has the tech package which is VERY useful, and has a huge WOW factor...my fiance likes the car much more than her Lexus. This is my third Acura, the first, a 1999 model, was the best car that I had ever owned up until that time, the second was a 2002 (all TLs) pretty much like the first, and this 2009 model is fantastic... The only problem that I've had was with the driver's seat bolster wearing prematurely...worth the money spent...

Favorite Features

Back up camera in the tech package... Handling ability... Fuel usage (around 30mpg city)... Quick acceleration...

Suggested Improvements

More careful attention paid to the seat material...the drivers side seat wore prematurely and Acura doesn't like to admit this issue...this was taken care of by the dealer on the last two visits at his cost (Rick Hendrick Acura)...

Great first Acura
By Dave04

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan w/Tech Package (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 09 TL with the tech package is everything I wanted in a CPO Acura. I traded in a 2008 Audi A4 and wanted an upgrade to something larger and more spacious. The car drives great, handles awesome (without the SH-AWD too!) and has all the features of a BMW, MB or Lexus for a thousands less. I highly recommend you test drive a TL before making your next car purchase.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, AUX/USB input, voice recognition, nav, bluetooth

Suggested Improvements

rain sensing wipers, auto-fold side view mirrors, power telescoping steering wheel.

Coming back to Acura
By Anthony

2009 Acura TL Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is not a sports car. It's a sedan that accelerates fast, comfortable and quiet to ride in. Having driven the 330i, decided it's no longer for my taste; the BMW demanded my attention at all times. One wrong move and the kidney grills head into the wrong lane. TL is more forgiving for daily driving. It just depends on what you want. My goal with the current purchase was fast, quiet and comfortable, plus solid reliability to boot. Styling is purely subjective, so say what you will about the TL styling, it's just an opinion and preference. Build quality is excellent compared to my previous cars, Lexus IS250, BMW 330i and 525i.

Favorite Features

Very comfortable and supportive seats. Styling inside and out, especially rear light housings. Real seating is spacious. Quiet interior at high speed. Powerful base model engine.

Suggested Improvements

MPG very average. Awkward trunk on the smaller side, and opening too high. Can use more storage space in the cabin.