Used 2009 Acura TL Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Acura TL - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific TL model:

Acura is the acura-ate way to go!
By Colleen

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have had this car for a year in a half now and its been beautiful! I have put a total of 30000 miles on her with no complaints. I have owned a few less than satisfactory vehicles and was afraid to buy a vehicle that I didnt know anything about but this georgous car stole me with its beauty and new age ride. I love getting up and driving this car everyday! It is relyable and has style! The throtle is a force to be recond with, i am used to it now but any new drivers be ready for the punch!

Second TL, dont know why i ever left
By Joe Simmons

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I find it funny to see how many BMW drivers have switched to this vehicle. I thought I was the only one. this is my 2nd TL and I really don't know why I ever got rid of the first one. I recently traded in my 3 series BMW for this and needless to say I am not disappointed. The TL has a great features ( even on the base model ) that BMW does not offer. the acceleration is phenomenal and the ride is quiet and smooth. it is very easy to set up the electronics in the vehicle as well. the one thing I am missing from the Beamer is the how tight the steering is. in the Acura it is a lot easier to just push the wheel from side to side. also, the leather could be a little better quality. other than that, I think the car is amazing and would recommend it to anyone. as for the design... I think it is a very attractive car. the grill is aggressive looking while the rest of the car just looks luxurious. all in all I am pleased with the trade.

Coming back to Acura
By Anthony

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is not a sports car. It's a sedan that accelerates fast, comfortable and quiet to ride in. Having driven the 330i, decided it's no longer for my taste; the BMW demanded my attention at all times. One wrong move and the kidney grills head into the wrong lane. TL is more forgiving for daily driving. It just depends on what you want. My goal with the current purchase was fast, quiet and comfortable, plus solid reliability to boot. Styling is purely subjective, so say what you will about the TL styling, it's just an opinion and preference. Build quality is excellent compared to my previous cars, Lexus IS250, BMW 330i and 525i.

Very comfortable and supportive seats. Styling inside and out, especially rear light housings. Real seating is spacious. Quiet interior at high speed. Powerful base model engine.

MPG very average. Awkward trunk on the smaller side, and opening too high. Can use more storage space in the cabin.

Not Boring
By Mile high

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I can say that this is the first car I have ever purchased that I love. Great styling (not boring). Very quick, sweet interior with plenty of room, I am 6'4" and have no problem fitting in the front or back. Decent gas mileage for the power you get. Yes a Honda Accord V6 may be similar but they are a totally different car. Drove the Accord and found it boring (every family has one). Get looks in this car all the time. This car looks like a $50,000.00 vehicle. Great value for the price compared to BMW, Lexus, Nissan Maxium, Audi, Mercedes. If you want a car that will have style and is reliable and a fun drive that not everyone on the block has this is the car for you.

Looks, performance, price, interior styling, WOW factor.

None that I can think of right now.

Nice change
By catcher10us

2009 Acura TL 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I just turned in my '08 TL and leased a new '10 TL. What a difference. The "08 looked great but was uncomfortable and not a fun drive. The '10 is like night and day. Very plush inside, ride is great and seems like its more powerful and smooth. The steering feels a bit loose in the '10 and it doesn't handle as tightly as the '08 but so far overall much more comfortable to be in. Acura quality is evident everywhere. Not crazy about the styling but with the right color choice its more than fine. Good deal on the new lease as well.

Interior comfort, ride and power

non so far